VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There are several videos on a website that I want to download.
    when I go to the video and check page source, it says the video is located at rtmp://blah blah / blah.mp4
    What is the least painful way of downloading the video?

Things I have tried
    I got rtmpdump and rtmpdumphelper. But I had some problems.
    if I choose rtmusuck in the options menu of rtmpdumphelper, download never starts. The command prompt says "RTMP_readpacket, failed to read RTMP packet header"
    If I choose rtmpsrv.exe, then the download does start, but it gets stuck at a certain percentage, the percentage is consistent for each video. for one video, it always gets stuck at 27%, for another video, it always get stuck at 58.5%

Any ideas?
    Last edited by joejohn; 1st Jun 2014 at 15:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If these as 'rentals', it is against forum rules to discuss ways to download them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is this jimdagys hiding under a new name?

Anyway, the easiest way to do this is to buy something like Replay Video Catcher and use it to record the video in realtime. Not free though.

If you have access to a Mac there may be methods of accessing the file as it streams and saving it if you use Safari, but the old method of doing this no longer works in OS X Mavericks and the new method is badly described in a document I looked at. So right now I'm not sure how to do it as it hasn't been a big enough deal to me at present to invest the time necessary to look into it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    If these as 'rentals', it is against forum rules to discuss ways to download them.
    ok, I have edited my post so it does not violate forum rules.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Yes, that is correct.
    Last edited by ponens; 1st Jun 2014 at 17:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by joejohn View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ok, I have edited my post so it does not violate forum rules.
    Is that an admission ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi joejohn ,

Call the webmaster of that site , and ask him what you want .

Cheers .
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!