VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I'm a newbie, so I hope thi is the right section for my question.

I'm using KMPlayer and I find it a great player. However I always had a probelm with SRT subtitles for 720p and .mkv video.

I have the subtitles font size set at 100, but when I play those kind of videos the font size is extremely big and I can't get it to shrink unless I disable the external subtitles module ( Preferences -> Subtitle processing -> Multi-sub etc -> Advanced tab).

Problem is some of the SRT files I use as subtitles have the {\a6} command, which allows the subs to be shown on top of the video - like when there's a song or a subber' note to what they're saying...
    In case of a song this command assures that there's no overlapping between lyrics and dialogues.

Can someone help please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You probably don't want to hear this but I'd recommend trying mpchc or vlc. Both have subtitle support. They might have better or more straightforward controls for fonts and other attributes. (both freeware naturally )
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or maybe Potplayer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you!

Yes I can use other players, but I would have liked resolving the kmp problem.

Not possible?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Tried Pot Player, and I can decide the size font, but the {\a6} command is showed at the botton instead of top. How to change it?
    Quote Quote