VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. I have compressed my video files through Dr DivX. It reduces the file size but the compressed file is greatly reduced into picture quality and sound quality considerably.

However I have seen many compressed movies where the picture quality and sound quality was superb ( extra-ordinary).

I just want to do tht.

is there any solution for that ???

2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The high quality Divx/Xvids you have seen likely started with a high quality source. To preserve this quality, you need to use sufficient bitrate to preserve the quality. But higher bitrates also equal larger filesizes. To get the best combination of quality and filesize, you need to learn more about the codec setting used.

I would suggest making up a representative 10 minute or so clip of your source video and try different codec settings to balance the quality VS size. Some light filtering may help in some cases to optimize the bitrate. Or you may reduce the audio quality to make more room for higher bitrates. It really takes some experience with the codec to come up with the best combinations.

BTW, I have locked the other thread. If you wish to move a thread, PM a Mod. Do not post the same question in two forums.

And welcome to our forums.

Search Comp PM
    one topic is enough - please do not double post
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)