VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by The Masked Onion View Post
    a new version of KNLMeansCL has been released with improved device selection. Give that a try and see if it works.

https://github.com/Khanattila/KNLMeansCL/releases/tag/v0.7.5
    Unfortunately v0.6.11 is the newest version that works on my laptop; the rest since then give me a compiler error. I've not tried to sort this because I prefer SMDegrain to KNLMeansCL for denoising. Thank you very much for the thought, though .
    Quote Quote  
  2. does your laptop have 2 GPUs?

maybe you need to force the SMDegrain script to choose the correct GPU

try changing this line (line 191)

Y8 = Y8.KNLMeansCL(D=1, A=1, h=7.0,lsb_inout=true,device_type="GPU")

to

Y8 = Y8.KNLMeansCL(D=1, A=1, h=7.0,lsb_inout=true,device_type="GPU",device_id=1 )

If that doesn't work, try device_id=0 or 2
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, my laptop has 2 GPUs, Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA NVS 5400M. I edited that line (182 for me) in my SMDegrain (v3.1.2d ) script from

Code:
    Y8 = Y8.KNLMeansCL(D=1, A=1, h=7.0,lsb_inout=true,device_type="GPU",device_id=1)
    to

Code:
    Y8 = Y8.KNLMeansCL(D=1, A=1, h=7.0,lsb_inout=true,device_type="GPU",device_id=0)
    and the script loads fine. I'm running a test as I type. Now, if I could just figure out how to use the newest version of KNLMeansCL... Anyway, many thanks The Masked Onion, I really appreciate your help .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Please tell me that meaning

(Example) input 8bit clip / out 8bit
    SMDegrain (tr=3, thSAD=400, prefilter=4)

SMDegrain.avs (v3.1.2d ) prefilter=4, KNLMeansC ( D=1,,,,,, )

SMDegrain in case of tr=3
    SMDegrain (tr=3 x D=1) = 9 frame Temporal NR?or Which is priority?

Sorry about my poor English
    Thank you for all
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello Dogway, I have been trying to find out what i m doing wrong but i can't find much about the error i have been trying this code.

Code:
    These below lines are from 3.1.2d documentary's :

Globals

[int: "0", 1, 2, 3 ]

With this parameter you can, among other things, load pre-processed motion vectors (Globals=1), so you save doing this step again.

The integers define what do you want to do with the global variables. Default is 0.

0: Don't read nor output globals (Just process) (Default)
    1: Read globals --> Process
    2: Process --> Output globals
    3: Output globals only (Don't process clip)

Some parameters MUST MATCH those from the processed vectors stage (e.g. Globals=2 or 3) and the read vectors stage (e.g. Globals=1). pel=, subpixel=, chroma= and vpad/hpad. Other than that the only settings that work when reading (Globals=1) are: tr=, thSAD=, plane, limit, limitc, contrasharp, CClip, interlaced and the lsb parameters. Others are ignored.
    Global names that can be reused are: Super, bv1, fv1, bv2, fv2, bv3, fv3, bv4, fv4, bv6, fv6, vmulti.
    Code:
    This is a example script From 3.1.2d Documentary

e.g.:
                             SMDegrain(tr=3,thSAD=400,globals=3)    # Outputs vectors

SMDegrain(tr=2,thSAD=200,globals=1)    # You can use a same or lower "tr" or "thSAD" if you want
    Originally Posted by BÌG•bµdd View Post
    Hi, i was trying "Globals=1" but i can't get smdegrain works with globals option here is a what error i get

http://prntscr.com/a04sd8

please can anyone explain it how can i get Smdegrain worked with Globals=1 option.
    I wanted to see it working with SMDegrain(tr=2,thSAD=200,globals=1) is it possible to run Smdegrain with these setting or do i need something else to make smdegrain work with "GLOBALS=1" please clear it to me sir. thanks

i found it it and sorry i was mistaken , it was just i never called smdegrain twice, but it works very well now i tried it like this .

SMDegrain(tr=3,thSAD=400,globals=3)
    SMDegrain(tr=2,thSAD=200,globals=1)
    Last edited by BÌG•bµdd; 24th Feb 2016 at 12:56. Reason: found it how it works
    Quote Quote  
  6. KNLMeans 0.7.5 introduced wref parameter. Do you thing is a worth playing one? Any minor release of SMDegrain expected?
    Quote Quote  
  7. @Dogway

We are talking a lot of possible mod to your script to work with AVS+

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168856&page=95
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks, I'm quite out of touch of Avisynth for some time. I was planning some feature of some sorts that went over my head so it got into a stagnant state. Guess I will release what I have (a collection of minor fixes) and settle SMDegrain down so you can play and modify it to eternity
    Quote Quote  
  9. Please, get a look. There is a bad corruption bug with AVS+ and prefilter=4 that doesn't appear with standard Avisynth.

Your experience would be very appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  10. But I don't use AVS+ sorry. Try to isolate pieces of code to find where it fails.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
    But I don't use AVS+ sorry. Try to isolate pieces of code to find where it fails.
    It was a bug in AVS+ floating point routines.

Anyhow, the "updated" script created during debug sessions are this and this.

Please give them a look and give us your blessing XD
    Last edited by tormento; 6th Jul 2016 at 03:30.
    Quote Quote  
  12. AVS+ is getting a major upgrade to 16bit internal filters.

I would like to see your collaboration in that process
    Last edited by tormento; 8th Jul 2016 at 23:49.
    Quote Quote  
  13. hi Dogway

I wonder if you have the image in this post and upload it somewhere
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes, I think it's this one, I recall there was another version with fewer graphs, this one shows the original luma in TV range (blue line), then how the blue line would look in PC levels (red line), then the curve (as shown in green) that converts range to PC levels while at the same time stretching the dynamic range on local sections of the luma plane (dictated by the "c" parameter).

I upload here since it's related to SMDegrain too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fslg_remap_luma_search_clip - graph.png
Views:	2525
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	37961
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
    Yes, I think it's this one, I recall there was another version with fewer graphs, this one shows the original luma in TV range (blue line), then how the blue line would look in PC levels (red line), then the curve (as shown in green) that converts range to PC levels while at the same time stretching the dynamic range on local sections of the luma plane (dictated by the "c" parameter).

I upload here since it's related to SMDegrain too.

[Attachment 37961 - Click to enlarge]
    thank you for the upload and fast reply
    Quote Quote  
  16. Dogway & real.finder

You can do great things together
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm confused (using the AVS+r2172)

Which version should I use?
    avisynth.nl - 2016-06-23 mod
    post #161 - 2016-06-25 or 2016-06-30
    post #128 - 2016-09-02

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
    maybe can make the next version release soon
    Great job.

I am waiting for 2.6 only support and yv16, yv24 without internal conversions.

Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
    2- add Prefilter auto 16 (lsb) support
    7- add dct
    Can you please explain these more?

And which are cretindesalpes' function use? Is it called inside or we need to call them specifically?
    Last edited by tormento; 6th Sep 2016 at 14:06.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by tormento View Post
    maybe can make the next version release soon
    Great job.

I am waiting for 2.6 only support and yv16, yv24 without internal conversions.

2- add Prefilter auto 16 (lsb) support
    7- add dct
    Can you please explain these more?

And which are cretindesalpes' function use? Is it called inside or we need to call them specifically?
    keeping 2.5 here don't hurt anything

yv16 and yv24 don't do any internal conversions if you use this http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173356

only internal conversions will happened if you use YUY2 in 2.6, and the convert is lossless and fast

dct, read http://avisynth.org.ru/mvtools/mvtools2.html MAnalyse

and Prefilter auto 16 (lsb) if you use external clip in Prefilter and that clip was in 16 (lsb) the smdegrain will convert it in 8 bit for MAnalyse internally like what it did in Prefilter=3 and Prefilter=4, no more no less
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Stellarium View Post
    I'm confused (using the AVS+r2172)

Which version should I use?
    avisynth.nl - 2016-06-23 mod
    post #161 - 2016-06-25 or 2016-06-30
    post #128 - 2016-09-02

Thank you in advance.
    the last ver. here https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/369142-Simple-MDegrain-Mod-v3-1-2d-A-Quality-Denois...=1#post2413356
    Last edited by real.finder; 7th Sep 2016 at 08:47.
    Quote Quote  
  21. @Dogway

you make Truemotion evil
    Truemotion bool = True for SD, False for HD

Truemotion is a preset of some MVAnalyze parameter values. It allows easy to switch default values of all "true motion" parameters at once. Set it 'true' for true motion search (high vector coherence), set it 'false' to search motion vectors with best SAD. Truemotion is slower and may blur textures and thin details more, but will usually remove more noise.
    For HD sources where the main problems are just excessive grain, I have defaulted it to false, this is not only faster but honors detail accuracy (the main existing point for HD sources) and overall object shading.
    it useful in two scene fade, as it don't eat all things like when Truemotion=false
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
    Read. Which value do you suggest for optimal performance/quality?

Edit: I have tried all modes from 1 to 10. OMG how slow it is! No noticeable increase in visual quality too...
    Last edited by tormento; 11th Sep 2016 at 09:06.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by tormento View Post
    Read. Which value do you suggest for optimal performance/quality?

Edit: I have tried all modes from 1 to 10. OMG how slow it is! No noticeable increase in visual quality too...
    you will see somewhat a big difference in fade, anyway yes, it's slow but if someone need it for any reason I add it for easy use of it
    Quote Quote  
  24. new edit in same post https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/369142-Simple-MDegrain-Mod-v3-1-2d-A-Quality-Denois...=1#post2413356

there was some wrong in no lsb and chroma in prefilter=4, so now should be fixed

and move all prefilters to external function for easy debug and others (like use the SMDegrain_prefilters in other process)

edit: another changes
    Last edited by real.finder; 21st Sep 2016 at 10:29.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
    I did some changes to SMDegrain
    Do you plan to release a AviSynthPlus-r2290-MT release with internal high bit support? Could be nice to see speed and/or precision improvements, if any.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by tormento View Post
    Do you plan to release a AviSynthPlus-r2290-MT release with internal high bit support? Could be nice to see speed and/or precision improvements, if any.
    don't be hurry, we need at least mt_lut (masktools) to support high bit, but I think now you can use high bit with tv_range=false
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
    I can't trace chronological order of changes. Could you do a date based changelog?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by tormento View Post
    I can't trace chronological order of changes. Could you do a date based changelog?

Thanks.
    you ask lazy guy to do somthing

anyway, some change I don't recall and mention related to typo or so, the big and the main one I already mention it, whether in the post or in the top of script
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
    you ask lazy guy to do somthing
    Lol... could you explain how prefilter auto works and with which parameters? And the TV_Range=off kicks in the range expansion or also the "on"?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!