VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all.
    I re-installed Windows 7 64-bit (had 32-bit before) and installed mpc-hc 64-bit and any mkv file I try to play with mpc-hc is just playing badly.
    Video is slow and glitchy, audio isn't synced and so on...
    I have a GeForce 8600GT video card and latest drivers installed.
    Before re-installing windows those video files played perfectly.
    I tried using mpc-hc 32-bit but same result.
    I'm using mpc-hc without any special configurations.
    I tried playing with the checkboxes of the internal filters (matroska and dxva) but same result.
    I don't really remember but maybe before formatting I had matroska (haali) splitter and ffdshow installed and used, but i'm not sure.
    I installed them both and disabled this checkboxes in preferences of mpc-hc but still playback isn't excellent as was before.
    Screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/42768198.jpg/
    I know mpc-hc is using haali and ffdshow as I see their icons in taskbar but still video is slow and not so good.
    MediaInfo of an mkv file i'm trying to play: http://pastebin.com/qmahkyWx

Please help!
    Thanks
    Last edited by ronlut; 18th Apr 2012 at 09:13.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you exit and restart MPCHC when you changed the DXVA filters? The changes don't take effect until next time you run the program.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Did you exit and restart MPCHC when you changed the DXVA filters? The changes don't take effect until next time you run the program.
    yes i did...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you tried changing the DirectShow output device? The problem could be a graphics driver bug.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Have you tried changing the DirectShow output device? The problem could be a graphics driver bug.
    How do I do that?
    Quote Quote  
  6. View -> Options -> Playback -> Output...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    View -> Options -> Playback -> Output...
    Tried a lot of options there but still video is very unclear
    Quote Quote  
  8. Your source video has a mod2 frame height. That can cause problems with some decoders. Do other videos have the same problems?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Your source video has a mod2 frame height. That can cause problems with some decoders. Do other videos have the same problems?
    All my files have the same problem.
    Those files played perfectly before reinstalling windows...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Try another player. VLC uses all it's own internal readers/splitters/codecs. So if it has problems the graphics driver is the source. Update to the lates WHQL certified driver for your graphics card.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Try another player. VLC uses all it's own internal readers/splitters/codecs. So if it has problems the graphics driver is the source. Update to the lates WHQL certified driver for your graphics card.
    VLC have the same problems.
    I have the latest WHQL driver for my graphics card from the nvidia site (296.10)
    May all this be because the system and the drivers are 64-bit?
    What else can I do?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Set VLC to use Windows GDI as the output device (Tools -> Preferences -> Video -> Output -> Windows GDI video output). Does it still have problems?

64 bit software shouldn't be a problem. I use Win7-64 and MPCHC-64 without any issues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ronlut View Post
    I have a GeForce 8600GT video card and latest drivers installed.
    Before re-installing windows those video files played perfectly.

I'm using mpc-hc without any special configurations.

Please help!
    Thanks
    I have the same video card and i've got the same problem like you. In my case, the video card driver was the cause. Try removing all software and drivers belonging to your video card and re-install them (after this, the latest version seems to be ok, at least for me: download it from here ).
    Quote Quote  
  14. I have a new info that maybe help us solve it.

The video is glitchy and slow only when subtitles are ON.
    If I choose an output that doesn't deal with subtitles, the video is perfect.
    If I stay on the default settings everywhere, but turn subtitles off (right click on video and untick "enabled" from subtitles) the video is perfect too!
    What is causing the subtitles to mess with the video?
    Thanks for all the help and hope a solution will be found soon
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which version of ffdshow are you using? Have you tried installing vsfilter? I'm not sure how well ffdshow's subtitle handling works.

You might try installing the 32-bit versions of ffdshow and vsfilter, and using the 32-bit version of MPCHC (they'll coexist with the 64-bit versions, as far as I've seen - that's the way I have them set up on my Vista64 tower), and see if the 32-bit version handles everything at all better or differently.

Also, as you're using Win7, have you tried using Win7DSFilterTweaker to make sure everything's the way you want it with the DirectShow filters? (May be something you should be careful about using, though, I don't know. I'm not using Win7. )
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There was a post recently that was similar. Apparently subtitles caused these glitches when DXVA was used,
    but worked fine otherwise (when using software decoding).
    Quote Quote  
  17. I try to deal with the problem without using haali and ffdshow, as the problem is not with the video handling but with subtitles handling..
    When I said subtitles are causing this I meant I'm using all the default internal filters of mpc-hc. Is there a way to solve it within mpc-hc as it should?
    For now ffdshow and haali are irrelevant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As davexnet mentioned, you can see if the problem happens when you're not using DXVA. I also suggested vsfilter, because I'm not sure about MPCHC's ability to handle subs, either.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote