VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have various different types of m2ts streams and many other videos with various codecs and containers and im trying to find a video editor that will load all of them and allow me to edit frame to frame. ive tried vegas and pinnacle and totalvideoredo and none of them will load all the various formats i have. what program should i be looking at to load a multitude of formats to be able to edit under the one program. hope someone can assist
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    long gop and highly compressed delivery formats like mp4 are not meant to be edited. it's not the editing software's fault. what you need to do is convert all the formats to one standard before loading into an editor. some intermediate codec like neoscene might do it for you.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. yeah i know,
    tpse i just noticed from browsing the forums looks like it could be good for clipping up the m2ts files i have, but i still have the issue of needing to load it into an editing program to put it all together. ill check out neoscene. is that my only option.. to convert everything?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    yeah i know,
    tpse i just noticed from browsing the forums looks like it could be good for clipping up the m2ts files i have, but i still have the issue of needing to load it into an editing program to put it all together. ill check out neoscene. is that my only option.. to convert everything?
    Yes. Neoscene works in Vegas 9/Pro or Premeiere Elements/CS4 + others. It is necessary to work with multiple streams. You may need a separate drive per source to preview or search the timeline without choking.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=edDV;1972055]
    Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    You may need a separate drive per source to preview or search the timeline without choking.
    Great idea. +1 on Neoscene as well
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote