VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i copied my avi video files from my camera to my computer. but when I play the videos they all freeze about a second or two into it but the sounds keeps working. I tried to use divfix and divfix++ but they didnt work, they just cut out pretty much the whole video. I tried to use virtualdub but I was so lost about how to use the program. Any suggestions? help would be friggin great cause these are home movies of my daughter.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like they are just mainly sound with no video after a couple seconds,not anything you can do,can you still play the files on your camera?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by casperabm View Post
    i copied my avi video files from my camera to my computer. but when I play the videos they all freeze about a second or two into it but the sounds keeps working. I tried to use divfix and divfix++ but they didnt work, they just cut out pretty much the whole video. I tried to use virtualdub but I was so lost about how to use the program. Any suggestions? help would be friggin great cause these are home movies of my daughter.
    AVI is a "container" format. Seeing ".avi" does NOT automatically mean these files are divx/xvid.
    Even telling us the make and model of the camera(so we can Google it) will help greatly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the camera is a vivitar dvr 840xhd. and the videos do work on the camera, just not after i've copied them to the computer. and under properties, it says the files are avi files. im using vlc media player as well. I even tried divx and it did the same thing as vlc. and wmp didn't play it all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open one of the files using mediainfo and post a screenshot. That will provide all of the video information needed.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try running a sample file through MP4Cam2AVI.

The files play via quicktime and wmp

Ive had a few vivitar camera's in the past.
    Quote Quote