VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've have an anime video from a certain group that does better subtitles, and a raw of the same video but its better quality so i want to use it instead.

My problem is that when i try to transfer the .ass subtitles it doesn't seem to work, alot of the subtitle lines are just not there anymore.

So i was wondering if you want to use an .ass file on a different video source do you have to edit it, and if so what do you change?

Heres the .ASS file
    http://pastebin.ca/raw/2074256
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tried both of those, neither one worked.

And when i go to preview the sub line within the program its not there either, i mean the text is in the editor but not showing on the video.

The subs are perfectly in sync, its just like one part of them won't show up on the 1080p raw file

Just looking for someone whos good with .ass editing to tell me if theres something in that file i have to edit to make it work.
    Last edited by Tylerr; 3rd Jun 2011 at 19:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A lot of the subs overlap in time.
    Which is probably deliberate and you can do it with ASS, as you can position the subs in different parts of the screen, but some renderers may not be able to cope.
    Subtitle Workshop is great for plain text subs (like SRT) but loses all formatting of ASS.
    Aegisub is the sub editor for ASS.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah the subs were made in Aegisub, i even downloaded it and opened it up in it, but even when i preview the video inside the program it still doesn't show those subs.

Like i said the subs show fine on the 720p, but on the 1080p things like on the bottom row won't show.

Like this line right here
    Comment: 0,0:03:19.17,0:03:20.78,Main,Luffy,0000,0000,0000, ,Gomu Gomu no
    It should show up on the bottom but doesn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe ask at the Aegisub forum
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tylerr View Post
    Like i said the subs show fine on the 720p, but on the 1080p things like on the bottom row won't show.
    Code:
    PlayResX: 1280
    PlayResY: 720
    Video Zoom: 6
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah I've changed the 1280x720 to 1920x1080 before but that didn't help anything, what do i change the video zoom to, I've tried 0, that didn't work either.
    Last edited by Tylerr; 4th Jun 2011 at 18:26.
    Quote Quote