VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I downloaded a movie and want to upload it on YouTube. But before I do so, I always want to add my logo and information so I use Vegas12 pro to do that.
    Now here comes the problem/obstacle:
    I want to manually adjust the rendering settings for the video's.
    But I don't know what is best and what to make of the information in the properties details of the original vid as well as the info in the render settings...
    On the video I hit properties, and then I see this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Printscreen - how to render.png
Views:	215
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	24107

Name:	project properties.png
Views:	322
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	24111
    Now by rendering this video

1. I don't want to loose any/much quality on the 700MB video, but I don't want to unnecessarily overdo it too. Because I've learned that it can take a lot of time and space and won't make any difference to the quality of the rendered result.

2. I would like for the logo I have created not to pix-elate like it always does.
    these logo's are for example:

.jpg

Name:	Logo properties.png
Views:	398
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	24108

And
    .png

Name:	Tag properties.png
Views:	404
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	24109

Now how should I adjust the settings for this video?? How can I match the properties of the vid to the settings
    It's not a problem to overdo it just a little and wait a little longer for the process or if I get a little larger file.
    But I just don't want to loose quality on the vid and just want the logo and tag to look good...
    Last edited by Low5Flow; 15th Mar 2014 at 07:32.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way I'm not as stupid as I might seem in my post.
    I searched the forums but I can't find anywhere where someone explains how to adjust the settings accordingly to the properties settings of the original video.
    What about this:

Name:	right or wrong...png
Views:	141
Size:	791.3 KB
ID:	24110
    Am I guessing this right?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone.............?
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1) Why do you want to put your logo on someone else's movie ?

2) You need to change the framerate to 25 in the render settings. 29.97 will add blended frames, because the original was 25fps, and your project settings are 25fps

3) 192kbps for bitrate is going to make the quality very poor. The original used 989kbps for the video bitrate according to VLC . You probably need 2-3Mb/s at least . The higher the bitrate, the less the quality loss, but there will be diminishing returns
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    1) Why do you want to put your logo on someone else's movie ?

2) You need to change the framerate to 25 in the render settings. 29.97 will add blended frames, because the original was 25fps, and your project settings are 25fps

3) 192kbps for bitrate is going to make the quality very poor. The original used 989kbps for the video bitrate according to VLC . You probably need 2-3Mb/s at least . The higher the bitrate, the less the quality loss, but there will be diminishing returns
    Thank you very much Poison!
    see persian movies are available on youtube and I always see a logo of some kind on the vids.. And sinds I can get them quite early from the country, it seems to be a good idea to start a YT-channel.

Now do you mean that the rest of my settings are fine as long as I change the fps to 25 and the bps to 3.000.000-max and 3.000.000-min?

You know, I need to get a hang of it so I can do this stuff right on my own.

Again thanks for your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You usually want to have a higher max , than average bitrate. This allows "headroom" for bitrate spikes

So if your average was 2,000,000 , you might use 4,000,000 for max

Filesize = bitrate * running time. So if the original was about 1,000,000 , the rendered file should be about 2x the size . Each time it's re-encoded with a lossy codec, some quality will be lost . So when you re-encode it , it will lose some, when youtube re-encodes it, it will lose some more.

You'll probably have another issue with aspect ratio on youtube - because 720x576 is a non square pixel format . (people might look fatter or taller) . It's difficult to give advice with knowing what the DAR (Display Aspect Ratio) of the original was. For example PAL DVD's come as 720x576 but are either 4:3 or 16:9 . They also might have letterboxing or pillarboxing (black bars) , so the content aspect ratio might be something different
    Quote Quote  
  7. Don't put your logo on a video produced by someone else. Don't the persians have copyright laws? And if they don't then what you want to do is not ethical. Allah would not approve.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks PDR I learned something about leaving more room for the spikes (it may have been the reason for some glitches in previous renders).

Filesize = bitrate * running time......

Bitrate >> "total bitrate"?
    Running time >> seconds right?

This one has pillarboxing indeed!
    Right now I'm a little confused with the Date rate and the Total bitrate.
    I'm trying to work this out before I start asking more questions.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Don't put your logo on a video produced by someone else. Don't the persians have copyright laws? And if they don't then what you want to do is not ethical. Allah would not approve.
    First of all I'm really thankful for your comments and also grateful that you people are acting as a teacher/mentor.

I'm not really prepared to discuss this subject in this forum but I can tell you that there are a lot of people living in exile and like myself they simply can't go to the cinema or order a copy... The logo is something deeper and I'm not making any money by promoting it, it just serves a purpose. Otherwise I can always upload the vids just as they are and go through less trouble.
    (Would hate to see that a video of mine was uploaded wit a COMMERCIAL logo! Unethical indeed.)

Right now I am only trying to experiment and learn step by step about how to render any kind of video on Vegas so I can go on and actually create some video's in the future. Creating them is right now much easier because of my experience with Acid. only the rendering part is a pain the tail..aspect ratio, bitrate, fps etc, it has been a really confusing week or two. Especially having to wait for hours for the rendering to finish, just to find out that the quality is bad or that the logo/object is not in the right place while it was all OK in the preview window!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Low5Flow View Post
    only the rendering part is a pain the tail..aspect ratio, bitrate, fps etc, it has been a really confusing week or two. Especially having to wait for hours for the rendering to finish, just to find out that the quality is bad or that the logo/object is not in the right place while it was all OK in the preview window!
    Render a loop region in vegas to do your small tests instead of rendering the whole thing. It's just a small section and your mini tests will be faster

Filesize = bitrate * running time......

Bitrate >> "total bitrate"?
    Running time >> seconds right?

This one has pillarboxing indeed!
    Right now I'm a little confused with the Date rate and the Total bitrate.
    I'm trying to work this out before I start asking more questions.
    It's actually the sum of total average bitrates of all streams . You need to add up audio + video + accessory streams (e.g. subs) + container overhead. But for most people audio & video are close enough approximation . If bitrate is expressed as kb/s, then convert running time to s

Remember to convert between BITS and BYTES (8 bits in 1 byte)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok! So this was really helpful, and I am getting really great great quality renders. But rendering on the cpu is going to take 10 hours for a 01:45:00 vid.. and I cant make it go any faster because "no GPU available". I'm doing this on a PackardBell laptop with "intel(R) HD Graphics".

I still have a problem with the logo..on the preview in Vegas it looks perfect but after rendering it's a little off to the right.
    I asked myself if it is possible that I have the settings wrong? So I tried things like
    Options>preferences>video>display at project size
    project properties>video>adjust source media to better match project or render settings
    But still failing to overcome this obstacle.

This could become a big problem in the future if I wanted to to go to Pan/Crop to get some action with the Keyframes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Don't put your logo on a video produced by someone else. Don't the persians have copyright laws? And if they don't then what you want to do is not ethical. Allah would not approve.
    "Persia" = IRAN
    Quote Quote  
  13. Not much you can do to make it go faster except upgrade your hardware .

The logo placement might be related to the Aspect ratio issue . You need to describe it better, post more information or samples
    Quote Quote