VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I followed this tutorial http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/articles/dayvids/difference_masking_in_sony_vegas.htm all worked well till time to render and it only rendered the background and not the rest of the video.what am i doing wrong.I am using sony vegas pro 11
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That article refers to "Difference Masking", which is a technique to create a mask based on luminance, rather than a specific color (chroma key).

The most common reasons a composite fails, is that the timeline tracks are not in the proper order, properly parented/childed, or the track(s) is(are) not in the correct compositing "mode".

The preview window shows you what's going to render, so I don't know why you would render without checking it.

Note that "Pre/Post" toggle doesn't exist anymore because pan/crop can be reordered in the effects chain.
    Last edited by budwzr; 14th Dec 2011 at 11:43.
    Quote Quote  
  3. All the tracks are in the right order because i just used the .veg file included in the turorial and it put all tracks in the right place. when i play the video in preview before rendering it it is fine but when i render only background is in preview window.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't see any filters on any of the media. That's a real old project probably done with the old FX engine. Vegas 11 uses OFX.

You will have to recreate the filters that they show on the web page.

OR

Check the Vegas support forums and ask how you might be able to do it easier.

The key technique they used is the way they combined various filters to narrow down the two people, but it's the rare occasion that you will find a clean background plate to do do this in the real world.

It would be much easier to create a bezier mask with a feathered edge first, then use a luminance mask to fine tune it.
    Last edited by budwzr; 14th Dec 2011 at 18:23.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't know if this applies to this subject but I have been having an issue adding .ts files to Sony Vegas. After aplling whichever codec, it shows up, but only as an audio file. is there way for Sony Vegas to see the audio and the video in a TS file?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Start a new thread for your problem please.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote