VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Where does everyone purchase their DVD-R blanks? I'd like to buy some Taiyo Yuden Discs as I have heard they are about the best you can buy. I also heard you have to be careful where you buy them as some places SAY they sell Taiyo Yuden, but in reality they are not. I also like the Verbatim Movie Reel Discs... Is Meritline.com (A sponsor of this site) good pricewise and reliable? Or are there other reliable sources?...Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jaycook
    Where does everyone purchase their DVD-R blanks? I'd like to buy some Taiyo Yuden Discs as I have heard they are about the best you can buy. I also heard you have to be careful where you buy them as some places SAY they sell Taiyo Yuden, but in reality they are not. I also like the Verbatim Movie Reel Discs... Is Meritline.com (A sponsor of this site) good pricewise and reliable? Or are there other reliable sources?...Thanks!!!
    get your TAIYO YUDEN from www.rima.com. they are much more reliable than meritline from what others have posted. i have no problems with rima.com.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thx for the answer budz...you would think that a sponsor of this site would be a little more reliable..hehe..BTW, do you concur that Taiyo Yuden are about the best? I have never used them....YET
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    TY and Maxell made in Japan are the very best IMHO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    jaycook wrote
    do you concur that Taiyo Yuden are about the best? I have never used them....YET
    In my opinion TAIYO YUDEN is the best DVD MEDIA to use. I haven't had problems with them in any of my 5 pc dvd burners. They even burn great in my new Pioneer standalone 220-S dvd recorder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i purchased a few of the movie reel dvdr's from wal-mart, they were riteks. nice discs, but a bit too pricey.. not much area for labeling.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get mine from RIMA also. TY is the best, even their CD media is top of the pile.
    Quote Quote