VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, thanks. I got the point. Nothings's easy... So let's say QTGMC "faster" is optimal enough? My laptop will probably die soon). I'm so green in avisynth, can you direct me to some good guide to figure this task out?

Nothing straight forward. Maybe Cineform can batch transcode to cineform (visually lossless format) using solid bob deinterlace with one nice graphic user interface, not sure.
    Maybe I check it out, one person on this forum suggested that also, if it's easier/faster than avisynth (I guess I have to find some average if I don't want to put my 4 year old laptop to halt). Or should I just stick to avisynth?
    Quote Quote  
  2. ... or do not crop your video, then you do not need those intermediate files ...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Is it just Vegas with lousy deinterlacing and no direct x264 export or other NLE's are the same?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Srivas View Post
    Vegas with no direct x264 export
    What do you mean, dmfs is not direct export it can be set up so Avisynth script is created automatically: dmfs avi to mp4.zip
    by creating proper INI file you can have many export scenarios, we always tend to use a couple of templates only anyway and use it all over again ...

All NLE would have problem to crop interlace footage (crop and resize back to original resolution), Premiere, Vegas, not sure about Edius or Pro's tools like Final Cut ProX, Avid Media Composer but I bet it is the same. All they have its way to reduce interlace flicker or how specifically it is called within each of those software, more or less, you'd need to look and tweak it in every specific software to find a way to make it look better ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Originally Posted by Srivas View Post
    Vegas with no direct x264 export
    What do you mean, dmfs is not direct export
    I meant x264vfw codec which can be used when rendering to AVI, but that's true, it's also not direct output to MP4, and that's what I want.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think it is possible to export avi with H.264 in it, if you have x264vfw installed, my guess is just need to look into Video For Windows avi (save as a type) and then look for x264vfw template there
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    I think it is possible to export avi with H.264 in it, if you have x264vfw installed, my guess is just need to look into Video For Windows avi (save as a type) and then look for x264vfw template there
    Yes. Export as an x.264fvw .avi with PCM sound, then rewrap to mp4 with ffmpeg:
    -i myfile.avi -vcodec copy -acodec libvo_aacenc -b:a 320k -ac 2 -ar 48000 -o outputfile.mp4

Very fast rewrap. Simpler than setting up dmfs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I might do like that, but after I get the video nicely deinterlaced. I'll try out all the nice suggestions in this post when I'll have more time. I've learned a lot here recently.
    Quote Quote