VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. CWJ123
    I followed Major 4's advice and used the dvd high bitrate Preset to encode a Video_TS . But although it was very successful the reslting 1.95gb mpg is not split as I hoped it would be - in tools it was set on auto.

How do I now split this file?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. A DVD does not need splitting. If you want to make a SVCD, then you should use the SVCD quick preset and the file will be split to CDR size as indicated in the video tab.
    Quote Quote  
  3. CWJ123
    thank you major for you reply but now I'm left more confused. I emiled you asking how I could convert the Video_TS to svcd and you replied by email advising me to select the preset dvd high bitrate. I have already experimented using the svcd preset but for some reason I got an audio and video file that would not mux

I would be most grateful for assistance
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by CWJ123
    thank you major for you reply but now I'm left more confused. I emiled you asking how I could convert the Video_TS to svcd and you replied by email advising me to select the preset dvd high bitrate. I have already experimented using the svcd preset but for some reason I got an audio and video file that would not mux
    I would be most grateful for assistance
    If I said so, then I misunderstood your question. To convert VIDEO_TS to SVCD you need to select the SVCD preset. Check also this guide http://homepage.mac.com/major4/divx_svcd.html which will also work if your input file is mpeg-2, and make sure to enable the "Decode with mplayer" option.
    Quote Quote  
  5. CWJ123
    somehow my emails will not get through to you Major 4 so I apologise to all if this message is too long:

Dear major 4

Thank you for your reply. I love this app of yours, and that's why I happily paid for the licence but it does not always give the results I expect or hope for. For example:

I have a dvd of a violinist that I have ripped using dvdbackup and produced a folder "VIDEO_TS", containing a number of files:VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB

these contain menu and different language subtitles.. I have successfully burnt this as a dvd using Toast and it plays just as the original. But I also wanted to convert it to svcd to burn to cds. Before I emailed you asking how to do this I had already tried using the svcd preset but I had 2 disappointing things happen.....1. The subtitles were not present and the audio and video did not mux and there seemed no way I could get them to mux. The audio was in ac3 format and even when I did manage to convert it to MP2 it seems to come out as mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 224 kbs and not 44100.

Now when I did follow you advice and used the preset dvd high bitrate I got the subtitles in the selected language and I got the mpg muxed and it plays perfectly. I did manage to split it using mpgtxwrap but of course although I could burn to cd, using VCD Builder, in the dvd player the video looks fine but the sound is very broken up. I have just tried using iTunes to convert the audio to wav and I am trying in OS9 to convert the wav to mp2, 44100. and then see if I can mux them.

I expect what I'm attempting is all wrong and your wonderful application will do it all for me. But how?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  6. The process you're following is quite awkward. To convert VIDEO_TS to SVCD with subtitles all you have to do is:

1/ drop the VIDEO_TS folder over ffmpegX icon
    2/ select SVCD preset
    3/ if you have subtitles, choose the language in filters tab and enable "Burn"
    4/ enable "decode with mplayer" in the options tab
    5/ hit encode
    Quote Quote