VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, my first time here.
    I have an older Sony DVD player connected to my TV. I bought a BBC TV series of DVDs, so the set has multiple disks. Player will play all of them except one. When I put in disk four of Season two I get the error

DVD_ERRLOG5 and then a long string of numbers.

Does anyone know why only one disk in the set would have this problem and if there is anything I can do about it?

Thank you!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried that disc on another standalone player? And on a PC? If it fails on another equipment maybe you have a bad disc and should return it to the store.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you sure that disc is standard DVD-Video and not some bonus DVD-ROM (aka Data) or Enhanced DVD-Video+ROM (or even DVD-Audio) disc? Should say so w/ logo etc. on the disc (and packaging).

For the moment, I'll assume this is NOT a PAL vs. NTSC hardware accommodation problem.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried playing it on my HP Windows 8 computer and no luck there either. It's not a bonus DVD-ROM, it's part of the TV series, and all other disks in the set play fine. I bought it online and they can't replace just one disk in the set.
    Quote Quote  
  5. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stonetramp View Post
    I bought it online and they can't replace just one disk in the set.
    Then you should return the whole set.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Put it in your PC and look at the file structure on the disc through windows explorer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stonetramp View Post
    I tried playing it on my HP Windows 8 computer and no luck there either. It's not a bonus DVD-ROM, it's part of the TV series, and all other disks in the set play fine. I bought it online and they can't replace just one disk in the set.
    I agree with Keyser. If one disc won't play then the product is defective and should be returned. Sometimes there can be a widespread problem affecting a great many of the sets that were made. Perhaps you can do a search to find out if that could be the case before ordering the same thing again..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, thanks everyone!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!