VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently bought two of the same monitors. All of the settings are identical. Their settings are also identical in the Nvidia graphics card settings except for two options (see images below). One monitor is connected via HDMI and the other is connected via DVI. I've noticed that the two monitors display things differently. For example when I play a video the colors appear to be incorrect on the HDMI monitor. Much like in this example: http://wiki.videolan.org/VSG:Video:Color_nVidia. I have already enabled the setting for both monitors. Unfortunately I can't provide an example of my own because when I capture the screen the image comes out as if the display of both monitors are the same (it favors the HDMI with incorrect colors). How can I get both monitors to look the same? Here's the images of the different settings for HDMI and DVI:

HDMI (incorrect)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI.png
Views:	283
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	14950

DVI (correct)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DVI.png
Views:	186
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	14951
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    When will people ever get the idea that the hype about HDMI "superiority" is just plain crap. The "colors" are exactly the same hues in both shots. The difference is in black levels. As far as that factor goes, neither of them are correct but the DVI is closer to normal. HDMI, as usual, is softer with lower contrast. You might recall that when you bought your monitors they came with user guides.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 24th Mar 2014 at 10:52.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ROBO731 View Post
    Unfortunately I can't provide an example of my own because when I capture the screen the image comes out as if the display of both monitors are the same (it favors the HDMI with incorrect colors).
    Enable one monitor at a time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    The "colors" are exactly the same hues in both shots. The difference is in black levels. Doesn't the wiki link you posted have the answer at the bottom of the page?
    Thanks, I already followed the steps on the wiki page. I'll try adjusting the black levels.
    Quote Quote  
  5. When will people ever get the idea that the hype about HDMI "superiority" is just plain crap. The "colors" are exactly the same hues in both shots. The difference is in black levels. Get your monitor's user guide.
    I was e-mailed about a post that's not even here, but it said that^. I never said anything about HDMI superiority. Anyway, I changed the digital color format of the HDMI monitor to YCbCr444 from RGB and the monitors seem identical now.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The setting you switched to is pro0bably closer to what's required. Good show that you got it working.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 24th Mar 2014 at 10:52.
    Quote Quote