VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried using Yamb, but was unsuccessful. I want to extract the audio from this video that I downloaded. Screenshot 1 is the Gspot of the video. Screenshot 2 is where I downloaded the video (see red circles.)
    http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510292
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	11297  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	11298  

Quote Quote  
  2. If you have QuickTime, you can export the audio.
    Freemake Audio Converter can extract audio from video files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Only the Pro Quicktime will allow "exporting" the audio. I tried Freemake Audio Converter. It doesn't "extract" the audio from the video. Rather, you input the video, and it will take the audio and convert it to something of your choosing. I choose mp3 192kbps and the software seemed to do the job of extracting and converting all in one shot. I wanted the audio for my mp3 player, so that was no problem (and quite convenient). However, I was curious if there is a software that will just extract the audio and not convert it. The above Gspot says something that the audio is AAC. Then I would like to know if there is some free software that will just extract the AAC audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    However, I was curious if there is a software that will just extract the audio and not convert it.
    Yes.
    WinFF with "Pass Thru m4a" preset.
    Information here ---> https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/343895-Pass-Thru-presets-for-WinFF
    Last edited by bat999; 5th Mar 2012 at 13:06.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Only the Pro Quicktime will allow "exporting" the audio.
    Apologies. I meant to say QuickTime Pro.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you for the info on WinFF for just extracting the audio. I'll try that and report back. I like to have these kinds of tools (and be somewhat familiar of how to use them) in my toolbox. You never know when you might need them.
    Quote Quote