VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a epson 200r & im tring to print the dvd & cd's lables after I scan them onto the inside white/side of the stock jewel case lable. I've used my printer ware different & a couple of other wares & but my prob. is I can't get the sz. or settings correct enough to CENTER the scanned DISC PIC's ontop in the correct spot.

I probaby asking in the worng place? but anyhow, does anyone know of a guide for PRINTER wares that's lets say, EASIER to work with & set up, without me wasting so much $$$ ink in trial & error..?

THX Mike.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mike,

You were in the wrong place - User Guides isn't really for questions. If you're unsure, just PM a mod (light blue name) or put it in the Newbie/General forum and we'll move it if it is better served elsewhere!

I'm afraid I can't help with your problem, but I'm sure someone here knows how to get it spot on!

Good luck,

Cobra
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A few things:

What are you trying to print to? CD/DVDs or jewel case inserts?

Specifically, which software have you tried? Have you tried the application(s) Epson includes with the printer?

To save ink, in the printer driver dialog settings, there should be an "Economy" or "Draft" option. Checking the "Economy" (this is what it is called in my epson 1280 settings dialog) will reduce ink output for test printing. It does not look good, but is useful when testing the size and position of a printed image.

Aslo note that when making posts, try to avoid shorthand and type in complete sentances, otherwise it can be hard to understand what you are saying.

This is what I mean by shorthand:
    ... wares & but my prob. is I can't get the sz. or settings correct enough...
    If english is not your first language, all the more reason to fully type out words, to help clarify what you are saying.

Good Luck!
    Some people say dog is mans best friend. I say that man is dog's best slave... At least that is what my dogs think.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Skith;
    It's really simple im sure some how. All i want to do is like scan
    the cd- dvd lables themselves with my scnner, then pint them onto the inside of the cd-dvd stock jewel cases inserts. CD-DVD scanned lable PICs on the stock jewel incerts.

My Epson r200 ware, but everytime all i get is off centered PIC prints, meaning, sometime I just get like 1/2 of the PIC , 1/4 etc... & so on... I've tried all seetting like (lower & tring diff. paper setting..) , but nothing gets me close to the outcome for im looking for in just centering the 4.75x 4,75 incerts.

It just can't be this hard .. Whis the made instructions MORE SIPLE these dam day!
    THX.. MIKE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have not used the r200 myself, but I usually print the CD inserts onto a letter size (8.5 x 11) page, then trim using either a ruler and an OLFA rotary cutter, or a paper cutter.

I am not sure if "full bleed" or "borderless" printing is an option with the r200. You might have to select the proper paper/media settings.

If you could scan and post one of your print outs, it might help us narrow down the possibilities.

What is the exact paper size you are using? You might also try entering a custom paper size.
    Some people say dog is mans best friend. I say that man is dog's best slave... At least that is what my dogs think.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Skith; The sz. is the actual "stock" incerts of the jewel cases, 4.6" folded, 9.25 unfolded. If someone could suggest an upload site i'd show. I can understand I set all the custom setinng & the dam thing is just OFF like a lost kid at 6 Flags .. lol.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you could try www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.com

photobucket has a size limit of 250KB for images.

I personally print and trim from letter sized paper, but then again, I don't do a huge quantity of covers (actual photos are the bulk of my printing). I have never used custom sized stock paper for inserts, so I am not to familiar with what (if any) special settings may be needed.

Hand trimming can go very fast with a good blade (OLFA sectioned snappable, or OLFA Rotary) and a good ruler. Paper trimmers are another option, and can often be purchased for ~$40-50 from office supply stores.

What Application are the images created in? What are they printed from? Make sure the print settings in both the application and printer driver are set correctly (or at least to match). Make sure you are inserting the paper in the correct orientation. (I know some of these things may seem obvious, but all the more reason to get them out of the way first)
    Quote Quote  
  8. There are many label maker software out there one that over all was ok but not perfect is Stomper. Stomper will give you ability to drag and resize the picture so it would fit . I haven't seen any SW that I can say it is good. If you have problem with center label, use photoshop cloning to make the hole smaller so even if it goes a bit off centered it won't show. When you start making your labels using photoshop will appreciate what you can do with it. You can make better looking stuff than original scanned ones.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Epson printing software has a "CENTER IMAGE" switch the defaults to "ON". Nothing I did would center the image until I turned this off.

Check your printing dialog.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mediaface II is available from the www.fellowes.com website @ http://www.fellowes.com/TechSupport.aspx that has a section marked Software Downloads, where you can download Mediaface II 2.4.2 and it gives the install key. This an older version but it works. Or http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3200 has a free version of Design Pro 5 Limited that should work good with avery labels. Or the Nero Cover Designer could do the job too. The last comes with all the Nero software versions including (I believe anyway) the 30 Day trial.

Good Luck
    Quote Quote