VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to create iso files from software CDs. I'm using ImgBurn version 2.5.7.0 (I won't upgrade because later versions contain adware you can't opt out of). Some CDs go really fast, some hang on a screen which says "Analysing Tracks..."

I'm getting the same results on 2 different computers, so I don't think it's the CD drive.

Optimally, I'd like to just ditch Imgburn and move on to some other free iso-creation-from-physical-CD software, but I haven't found any. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ravenswd View Post
    I'm trying to create iso files from software CDs. I'm using ImgBurn version 2.5.7.0 (I won't upgrade because later versions contain adware you can't opt out of). Some CDs go really fast, some hang on a screen which says "Analysing Tracks..."
    Very-probably, some of your CD-ROMs have gone partially-unreadable.
    In this case, I recommend IsoBuster (not-freeware).
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 18th Aug 2014 at 18:58. Reason: grammar : - /
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you look in the Imgburn forums, you'll see quite a few reports of this. LightningUK knows about it,
    it's existed for the the last 4 or 5 versions at least. His explanation is that he expects to get some sub-channel data
    that the driver never returns. He says that he is unable to fix it (so far) because he is unable to reproduce the issue.
    (sounds a little funky to me, but who knows?)

If I were you, I'd report it in their forum and engage the author directly.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!