VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

I have a weird problem with a tv episode rip. I found out the clip (all of it) has two 10x4 px black areas, on the bottom left and bottom right corner, respectively.
    Being 1080p video, it's hardly noticeable, except during bright scenes. Is there any way to interpolate them with neighboring pixels using Avisynth?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's an episode of ninja turtles where the recap has a screwed up image during a fade where the small images of the turtles keep popping in and out. I had to reconstruct it. I couldn't find a clean frame to work with so I had to invent one. What you need to do is Crop the 10x8 area or whatever you're happy with, crop the black off that down to 10x4, then resize that 10x4 back the 10x8 using um, possibly a sharp resizer wouldn't be that good for this so... linear resize? Then use StackHorizontal/StackVertical to piece it all back together.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's a couple of video inpainting plugins for AVIsynth. They don't always work very well, and they can be slow, but if they work then they're what you're looking for.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    or if you want something that's harder to detect, you could slice the image into 10x1080 ribbons, crop and resize the first ribbon minus 4 pixels, the second minus 3 pixels, the third minus 2 pixels and the forth minus 1 pixel... increase the width of the ribbons maybe... whatever.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
    There's a couple of video inpainting plugins for AVIsynth. They don't always work very well, and they can be slow, but if they work then they're what you're looking for.

Cheers,
    David.
    Thanks for your help, one of the inpainting plugins should definitely do the trick .
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now I wish I had something to use ExInpaint on.
    Quote Quote  
  7. With the exception of static shots, inpainting the corners will probably be more distracting than leaving the black boxes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just mask the whole video. It's easier.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Vignetting?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!