VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently tried to burn a music cd on my liteon cd burner.....5238s drive....and about 5 seconds after I put in the disk it pops it back out....

I thought it was a bad or used disk so I put in another....and another......till I realized the disk was fine......

is it dead? I havnt done anything to anything......its recognized and all that but pops out disks no matter what....

I have already bought a new 115d Pioneer to go with my other 111d Pioneer dvd-burner....so it was a good excuse to get a 2nd dvd reader/burner....
    Quote Quote  
  2. the only thing i'd try before throwing it out is a new data cable. if it still won't recognize cds after that, i'd toss it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The lens may be dirty, or the drive rails for the optical assembly may be gunked up. If you are handy with taking things apart, then try cleaning it - if you are not handy, then try cleaning it right before you decide to toss it - nothing lost if you destroy it, but you may be able to salvage it.
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own" - the Prisoner
    (NO MAN IS JUST A NUMBER)
    be seeing you ( RIP Patrick McGoohan )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Buy a new dvd burner which is so cheap these days.
    Quote Quote