VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have an RCA male to mini (8.5) composite video cable going from my DVR recorder to my mini TV and need a second cable for a second hookup. I have been searching Internet but can't find anyone carrying it. Can someone suggest where to find this?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I didn't see any forum descriptions that included cable discussions.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    RCA to mini what?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry - RCA to mini (8.5mm) male
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    eBay has every cable you can imagine for an insultingly-low price, if you don't mind waiting for shipping from China.

I assume you mean 3.5mm. How many RCA jacks does your cable have? Also the pinouts differ, so you need to be careful which one you buy.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Novice20 View Post
    Sorry - RCA to mini (8.5mm) male
    Mini (8.5mm) male what? Phone plug? TS or TRS or TRRS? You are leaving off the NOUN which tells us what kind of connector.
    Quote Quote  
  6. How many connectors (they will show up as rings) on the 3.5 mm connector? How many RCA plugs on the other end?

Stereo RCA to 3.5mm audio cables are a dime a dozen and you can probably still get them at Radio Shack.

I have several Sony camcorder cables that have four rings on the 3.5 mm connector and then have a video and two stereo RCA connectors at the other end (the four rings are ground and the three signal wires). This is a specialty cable, and yours may be as well. However, if your is similar, you might be able to get what you want from any place that sells Sony replacement parts.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 10th Oct 2016 at 22:22. Reason: changed 8.5mm to 3.5mm
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's 3.5 mm plug that vaporeon800 has already stated,there is no 8.5mm mini plugs.This is the plug you need with rca connectors,most stores have them.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3.5mm.jpg
Views:	982
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	38871  

I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. there are a jillion chinese vendors on amazon for this sort of thing. the prices for cables, adapters, usw are generally under 5 bucks & have free shipping. most seem to be dispatched from hong kong. the postings will say 3 week delivery, but my experiences have been 10-14 days. i stopped looking in stores for oddball patches years ago.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Novice20 View Post
    I have an RCA male to mini (8.5) composite video cable going from my DVR recorder to my mini TV and need a second cable for a second hookup. I have been searching Internet but can't find anyone carrying it. Can someone suggest where to find this?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I didn't see any forum descriptions that included cable discussions.

Thank you
    Is the cable you want to find an A/V breakout cable which comes with the mini TV? If so, the TV make and model might be useful.
    Quote Quote