VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone, I upload mp3 songs to my iTouch using iTunes via my laptop and desktop. I never have to save my playlist since Apple iTouch remembers it on my laptop. But for some reason, on my desktop, it always erases it and I have to add back EVERY SINGLE song, even when I just want to add a couple to my iTouch.

For example, if I have 100 mp3s on my iTouch and I have 2 new songs I want to load, I have to load 102 (not 2) songs to my iTouch. When I go to iTunes on my desktop, all my existing list is empty and I have to start over. Does anyone else experience this and am I doing something wrong since my laptop seems to always remember my playlist.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Music file under LIBRARY become empty randomly. I dont get it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have an iPod Touch 2nd gen 16GB model and have never had this problem but I only use one computer with iTunes.

My guess is the fact that you have it on two computers and use it with two computers is somehow "throwing it off" or confusing it if you will.

I'd look at the Apple forums and see if there is a solution. I'm guessing there is and that it probably is something silly easy.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In itunes options disable the auto syncing when device connected ... its the cause to the file loss on the device.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    My guess is the fact that you have it on two computers and use it with two computers is somehow "throwing it off" or confusing it if you will.
    that is exactly the case.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I didn't know having two computers confuse iTunes and throw it off. Would think that I can jump around computers with no problem.

BJs, where is that located exactly? If I turn this feature off, I will be ok?
    Quote Quote