VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have an urgent Problem regarding (corrupted?) flv files. First off: I am currently working as a Video Editor on YouTube - for my work I am downloading .FLV files of Twitch VODs (using http://www.twitchtools.com/) and edit those in Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Now - being Twitch VODs it is entirely possible and actually happens quite often that there are parts in the file that are corrupted due to internet connection/Twitch issues. On the FLV file itself it looks fine apart from a little stutter when it happens but since I can not import FLV files into Adobe Premiere I use FLV extract to get a .265 and .aac file. The audio file is almost always a bit shorter then the video file - sometimes it is way shorter when a lot of corruption happened - the video file sometimes weirdly speeds up to seemingly 200% thus resulting in a shorter length. Most of the time re-syncing the Tracks and just capturing the FLV file with Fraps when the extracted video file was unuseable (200% speed) worked for me but of course this is a tedious process since you have to re-sync a track several times since it gets out of sync over and over again.
    I recently upgraded to a much better PC and now I even have problems using .265 files at all in Adobe Premiere - they stutter and lag while previewing which is not a fault of my PC not being able to handle the rendering - actually with 32gig RAM i7 4790 and 3 7200 RPM HDDs it should handle this with ease.

I tried FFMPEG to just change the container from flv to mp4 which enabled me to import the files into Adobe Premiere and the vide/audio track has the same length but still gets out of sync making it impossible to re-sync.
    I tried some conversion programs but thy also seem to convert the corruption over. Like the speed up effect.

So since I am making money with this and am out of ideas - can anyone suggest a work around for this FLV > Adobe Premiere problem which would make those FLV files usable? Now again the FLV files are totally fine I would love to use those but can't with Adobe premiere.
    Maybe there is just some codec I am missing on my new PC that would enable me to edit .264 smoothly but I didn't find any useful information about this.

(for a test file you can download a flv file using www.twitchtools.com with the video link http://www.twitch.tv/trumpsc/b/537543702 - a corrupted part that ALWAYS speeds up is in the first few minutes when he opens the arena rewards when the key comes down)

MUCH thanks to anyone who helps me out with this. I would be very grateful.

EDIT: also - if possible it should be an efficient/quick method since I have to use hours of twitch footage daily.

Example Media Information of a FLV file
    General
    Complete name : E:\Projects\1.flv
    Format : Flash Video
    File size : 244 MiB
    Duration : 30mn 1s
    Overall bit rate : 1 137 Kbps
    Tagged date : UTC 2014-06-11 21:24:18
    Tagging application : flvmeta 1.1-r213
    jtv_meta : eyJvcmlnaW4iOiA0NjM4NjcyLCAiY2RuX3ByZWZlcnJlZCI6IG ZhbHNlLCAiYnJvYWRjYXN0X3BhcnQiOiAxLCAicGVyc2lzdGVu dCI6ICJ0IiwgImNyZWF0ZWRfb24iOiAiMjAxNC0wNi0xMSAxOT oyMzowNi43NjEwMDAiLCAiY2hhbm5lbF9zdWJzY3JpcHRpb24i OiB0cnVlLCAibWV0YWRhdGFfZmlsZSI6ICIvaG9tZS9qdHYvYX JjaGl2ZV9kZXNjcmlwdGlvbnMvd293emExL2xpdmVfdXNlcl90 cnVtcHNjXzE0MDI1MTk5OTAuZmx2Lmpzb24iLCAiZmlsZSI6IC IvdXNyL2xvY2FsL1dvd3phTWVkaWFTZXJ2ZXJQcm8vd293emEx L2NvbnRlbnQvbGl2ZV91c2VyX3RydW1wc2NfMTQwMjUxOTk5MC 5mbHYiLCAicmVhZHkiOiBmYWxzZSwgInBhcnRuZXIiOiB0cnVl LCAiaWQiOiA5ODcxMDc2NTEyLCAiY2F0ZWdvcnkiOiAiZ2FtaW 5nIiwgInNlcnZlcl9uYW1lIjogImluZ2VzdDk1LTEuc2ZvMDEi LCAidGl0bGUiOiAiVHJ1bXAgQ2xpbWJzIExhZGRlciIsICJpbn N0YW50X3JlcGxpY2F0ZSI6IGZhbHNlLCAicmVjb3JkZXIiOiA0 NjM4NjcyLCAiZW1iZWRfZW5hYmxlZCI6IHRydWUsICJjaGFubm VsIjogInRydW1wc2MiLCAidXBfdGltZSI6IDE0MDI1MTQ1ODcs ICJtZXRhX2dhbWUiOiAiSGVhcnRoc3RvbmU6IEhlcm9lcyBvZi BXYXJjcmFmdCIsICJmb3JtYXQiOiAibGl2ZSIsICJzdGFydF90 aW1lIjogMTQwMjUxOTk5MCwgImFidXNlX3JlcG9ydGVkIjogZm Fsc2UsICJhcmNoaXZlX3N5c3RlbV92ZXJzaW9uIjogMSwgImhs c19yYXRpb19vdmVycmlkZSI6IDEsICJkZWxheV9sZW5ndGgiOi AwLCAicGFydCI6IDQsICJkaXJlY3RvcnlfaGlkZGVuIjogZmFs c2UsICJnZW8iOiAiVVMiLCAia2lsbGVkIjogZmFsc2UsICJ1bm ZpbmRhYmxlIjogZmFsc2UsICJuYW1lIjogImxpdmVfdXNlcl90 cnVtcHNjIiwgImxhbmd1YWdlIjogImVuIiwgInR5cGUiOiAiYX V0aG9yaXphdGlvbiIsICJmZWF0dXJlZCI6IHRydWUsICJub2Rl X25hbWUiOiAiaW5nZXN0OTUtMS5zZm8wMSIsICJjaGFubmVsX2 lkIjogMTQ4MzYzMDcsICJicm9hZGNhc3RlciI6ICJmbWUiLCAi aXBob25lX3Jlc3RyaWN0ZWQiOiBmYWxzZSwgInVwZGF0ZWRfb2 4iOiAiMjAxNC0wNi0xMSAxOToyMzowNi43NjEwMDAiLCAiY2hh bm5lbF92aWV3X2NvdW50IjogMzQwNjQ2ODh9

Video
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Format settings, GOP : M=4, N=60
    Codec ID : 7
    Bit rate : 975 Kbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 30.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.016
    Stream size : 215 MiB (88%)

Audio
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 10
    Bit rate : 125 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 6ms
    Stream size : 28.5 MiB (12%)
    Last edited by jnzane; 13th Jun 2014 at 17:39.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!