VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How do I connect a Panasonic NV M7 VHS camcorder to my PC? The sockets on the camcorder mains adapter are RF IN and OUT. A BNC for video out and a phono for audio out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need a video capture device. Or are you trying to record the computer's output?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I want to convert vhs tapes to dvd's using my PC. I understand that I can use a capture device which plugs into a USB hole in my PC. What I don't know is what specific connectors I need to connect the red, white and yellow phono plugs from that device to the output from the Panasonic camera. The outputs are a BNC and a phono for video and audio out, and two RF sockets labelled IN and OUT.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the help. I'll give it a go.
    Quote Quote  
  5. There is no socket for a 3.5mm jack plug. The audio OUT is a single RCA socket. I tried an RCA plug to plug to connect to the capture device but no audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which USB capture card do you have?

Some are very crappy, and look worse than the original VHS tape!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by saxon sydney View Post
    There is no socket for a 3.5mm jack plug. The audio OUT is a single RCA socket. I tried an RCA plug to plug to connect to the capture device but no audio.
    Then that should have worked. Make sure you have the capture software set to record from the correct audio input. You can also verify the camcorder is putting out audio by connecting the RCA audio output to some other device -- like an AV receiver, powered PC speakers, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The camcorder is putting out audio through PC speakers. I have looked at the software and as far as I can tell it is et up right, but I am not that confident to be 100% correct.
    Quote Quote