VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 1080p/i video from mkv files or from dvb-t usb tvtuner, do not have a normal playback. The video playback cannot keep up with the audio playback. Alot of video frames are skipped. I've tried decoding with ffdshow and coreavc. With CoreAVC there are more frames decoded per second, but still not enough to watch something.

Video card is a ATi Radeon 9200 with the latest drivers, cpu is P4 at 2.4GHz and OS is XP SP3.

On another computer, with nvidia 6150, athlon64 x2 at 2.5GHz and XP SP3, this problem doesn't exist. All 1080p/i content plays normally. Maybe it's because the athlon pc supports graphic acceleration and the P4 pc doesn't, but I'm not sure.

Is there a solution for getting normal playback of 1080p/i hd content on that P4 pc ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by codemaster View Post
    Video card is a ATi Radeon 9200 with the latest drivers, cpu is P4 at 2.4GHz and OS is XP SP3.
    That's not enough CPU or graphics card for 1080p h.264. Generally, you need a dual core CPU or a graphics card with video decoding (DXVA). You'll have to upgrade one or the other.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Jagabo may be right. As last ditch effort, could try choosing a diff video output module in Prefs/Video/Video Output Module. Sometimes (even on fast machines) VLC doesn't play hi res vids w/ "Default" setting for video output module. You can experiment w/ others.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [date]virtualdub[/date] has methods for decimating videostream
    Quote Quote