VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, this is my first post to the forum.

I converted a FLV file to AVI, used CCE SP to convert the AVI to MPEG2 for DVD.

The AVI, MPEG2 and Authored DVD play fine on PC, but when the Authored DVD is inserted to my Standalone DVD player, the bottom half of the screen looks like It's stretched by one pixel. This is displayed throughout the movie.

The best way I can describe it is with a demonstration I will post below. I also posted my CCE SP settings. At first I had encoded the MPEG2 with 'Offset line' set to '1' in the Advanced Settings. I did recode the MPEG2 with a offset of '0' but with the same results. Please if you have experience with this, shed some light.

I figure the more info you have the better:

FLV source resolution: 320x240
    FLV source framerate: 25 fps

Converted AVI resolution: 320x240
    Converted AVI framerate: 25 fps

Converted MPEG2 resolution: 352 × 288 (To conform to PAL 1/4-D1 DVD Standard)
    Converted MPEG2 framerate: 25 fps

Audio was converted from MP3 to AC3 streams.
    DVD was authored with DVDMaestro.

Quote Quote  
  2. Took two screenshots of my TV. I have looked into overscan, but this isn't 3-4% of the screen. It's exactly 50%.

Quote Quote  
  3. I tested the DVD on a Sony Standalone DVD player, and it worked flawlessly. I then tested the DVD on a LiteON DVD / DVR Recorder and it gave me a Disc Error. The original DVD player is a Thomson DVD Standalone Player.

I now suspect that the MPEG2 stream is not encoded to comply to standards. Can anybody look at my settings?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Overscan (wikipiedia is a good source of information) results in the edges of the picture being "cropped", it isn't a video distortion. Typically, problems such as these are the result of the conversion tool. It could be because of an issue with the original files, improper codec support, or just a crappy tool. The fact that you are working with flv files isn't helping. They are typically low quality and not many of the decent DVD conversion tools support them.

Your settings look fine, so it is likely one of the issues above. You could try a different tool such as DVD Flick which appears to support flv.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote