VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Chaps

I do a lot of live streaming where the client wants clipped segments uploaded to youtube asap.

I was thinking is there anyway to edit a h.264 file while its still encoding? I know its possible with 422LT.

I was thinking that I could configure an additional stream from the encoder to a file with whatever properties work. preferably youtube ready.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Neil
    Quote Quote  
  2. If it's possible with the software you use may be simply encoding in segments of size/duration x and then merge/edit/... the segments works
    Quote Quote  
  3. sorry I dont understand.... Ideally I would like to encode using ffmpeg with the stream as a source then a h.264 file as a destination and clip in quicktime without re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. you could use "-segment_time X" to output a partial encode every X seconds, so you would get a lot of chunks during your live capture, which you could process.
    Quote Quote  
  5. right sorry I understand now, that could work... would be good if i could streamline... what sort of tools would you suggest?
    Quote Quote  
    • I would probably write something on my own (small frontend I feed with thre parameters a. the source, b. the chunk size c. the output folder), then I would edit and upload the content.
    • broadcasting software which is used inside of TV studios should also be able to do something like this
    • not sure about the 'clip in quicktime' part I associate quicktime with Quicktime Pro on Windows or the general quicktime framework on Mac
    -> I have far too few knowledge of what you want to do why to suggest any way of streamlining.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!