VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello People!!
    I am looking for a command-line programs to demux .avi file that has more than one audio track.
    Until now i've been using the avi2wavcmd
    [code]
    avi2wavcmd.exe infile.avi outfile.mp3
    But it does not work with multiple audio tracks. It demuxes all tracks to single audio file (say, mp3) which is just garbage .
    Does anyone know how can I do that?
    Any by the way, I want only CLI program, not GUI.
    Arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no command line but Avidemux does a great job with avi's
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for trying to help.
    I't's funny - I've just tried avidemux 10 minutes before I wrote my post. It is indeed nice program and can do a lot. Reminds me of VirtualDub.
    And there's even separate command line version in the package avidemux2_cli.exe - But I was unable to figure out how to use it - couldn't fine any related help.
    The reason I need CLI - because i have a lot of files and I need a way to process them all in one go.
    Quote Quote  
  4. there's probably a better way, but one way to do it is batch remux with mmg to mkv first, then batch demux with eac3to (eac3to cannot read from avi container)

the problem with other command line programs eg. ffmpeg , is you have to specify -map for the streams , and the type of audio. So if you different types of audio or different number of streams for each video , it won't work , but eac3to will demux everything regardless of stream type or number of streams

eac3to input.mkv -demux
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its fairly simple with AviDemux...just open it up, load up the avi you want...click on the "audio" button at the top...click on "main track"....it should look like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	AsA.jpg
Views:	3282
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	4869

then click n the "track from video" drop down box and choose the audio track u wanna save. Also notice the type of file in the box...this is .wav

after that, click on the "audio" button again and click save...this time save it to where you want but be sure to add the file extension to the type of file it is...it wont do it for you...so mine would be...example.wav

Click image for larger version

Name:	fgdg.jpg
Views:	2999
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	4870

do this for all the tracks u wanna demux...doesnt take long
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @poisondeathray
    I'll give i a try, I already have the scripts that uses mmg.exe and can mux all the files into mkv in one go. and then i'll try to demux with eac3to - haven't used this one before. Will see how it works.
    I personally prefer and try to use only open source audio and video codecs and containers. So If I encode something - it's always x.264 for video, ogg for audio , and motroska as a container. But I'm preparing videos for a NOkia phone, and it can't read mkv
    @Moontrash
    I tried this , it does the job perfectly, I also successfully demuxed using Yamb and some other programs. BUT - the problem Is that I have lots and lots of files (short video episodes) - which have the same characteristic - 1st audio is in english, 2nd in different language.
    Theoretically I can accomplish this using the GUI,but it woudl terribly long and repetitive actions. That's why I looking for a command-line based option to do that. This way I will be able to everyting automatically with one scripts - Same thing I do when I mux into MKV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What's this hard-on people have with command line stuff? I don't get it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    What's this hard-on people have with command line stuff? I don't get it.
    hech54, it seems you have never had to do very much video processing. Without command line, most software apps with GUIs do not give you the ability to queue multiple jobs (especially with multiple steps). Imagine you need to process 100 videos and each video requires three steps (like extract audio, normalize audio, then remux audio) with each step dependent on the previous, and each step takes 30 minutes; calculate how much time you will waste sitting in front of your computer waiting to hit the "do the next thing" button. Now imagine how nice it would be to write a batch script to do all the processing so you could kick it off and then come back a week later and all the videos are done.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you don't mind remuxing them as MKVs first, MKVCleaver does batch demuxing.
    Quote Quote