VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I believe this issue is with Denon's firmware upgrade. Here are a list of the variables. The issue is that none of my dts movies will utilize the Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers ANYMORE after firmware upgrade.
    1. All filters are enabled in Audio decoders within Media Player Classic
    2. All Dts filed played fine prior to Denon firmware upgrade. They claim they did not alter anything with the firmware, and that they can not reproduce DTS HD/X being utilized by DAES in their studio. They even needed my help on source.
    3. DAES speakers are working fine with all Dolby, pcs, or anything but DTS.
    4. Both of these articles support that that they do and should work.
    http://www.audioholics.com/editorials/dts-x-listening-evaluation

Does DTS:X support Dolby Atmos Upfiring Speakers?

[I]Another question that’s been asked is if DTS:X supports Dolby Atmos up-firing speakers. The answer is yes. Jordan and I spoke about this and he told me the following good news. “Up-fired speakers attempt to create an audio image that sounds as if it’s originated from a height location. In cases where up-fired speakers are used, DTS:X outputs audio as if there were a physical height speakers were present. This information is directed to the up-fired speakers, which will provide an equivalent experience to any other discrete height content played through these speakers.” While here at Audioholics we’ve continued to emphasize the superiority and priority of installing discrete height speakers instead of up firing Dolby Atmos speakers, we are sure this will be welcome news to many.

http://www.cepro.com/article/hands_on_dolby_atmos_game_changer_home_theater_market

5. Could this be a setting in MPC?
    There is sound in 5.1 for all DTS and DTS - hd/... is displayed on receiver.
    Last edited by Ex Machinas; 27th Feb 2016 at 11:50.
    Langley claims I am one of the most intelligent people on the planet, since when do they ever tell the truth.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I also tried MPC-BE, it did not work the first time. Made further changes will recheck. I will check with bluray player this week. Still does not work have tried both versions of MPC-HC/BE
    Langley claims I am one of the most intelligent people on the planet, since when do they ever tell the truth.
    Quote Quote