VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I own 2 Apex AD-1200 machines, had them for almost 2 years now I guess. I've backed -up my entire DVD collection and my DVD-R's play fine on both machines.

BUT....this past weekend I tried to play one of my "retail" dvds and all it would do was just show the "loading" message...but it would never finish. I thought , well perhaps it's the dvd (even though I'd played it on that machine before) So I put in another "retail" dvd...same thing LOADING?
    I put in a 3rd...ditto

I then put in one of my dvd-r's and guess what....I played perfectly!???

So has anyone had this happento them before? Any ideas would be great. I'm curently useing my other 1200, but I'd really like to get this one working 100% again. If it was a dirty laser lense wouldn't that effect the dvd-r's as well? I haven't tried a lense cleaner...never needed to before.

Anyway..thanks for listening and perhaps someone out there can point me in the right dirrection

Best Regards,

MC 8)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My only guess is that the comercial DVDs are dual layer and the laser in the player is having a hard time focusing. I'd try cleaning the laser.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its a dirty laser,get a good dvd cleaner like discwasher you can get them at BB for around 10-15 bucks I use them all the time for my set tops and dvd writers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks "A Lot" for the advice guys! I'll grab one tomorrow and see what happens.

MC 8)
    Quote Quote