VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this video (with subtitle) maked with MeGUI (not my work).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1nclwx68sgimkm/Inserting_previously_translated_text...ranslation.zip

Original video is here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPQ2Bm7AYP0

I wish 2 things

1) English subtitle in youtube video (cc), isn't correct, I fixed some lines, but not all. I ask somebady to watch this video from mediafire link and correct subtitle, insert english corrections. Thanks in advontage.

2) This one is complicated: video from mediafire link have
    one drawback, which really spoils the aesthetic experience is this: when you preview video and line of subtitle goes in two rows, all is Ok, subtitle is finely distributed by the middle of the black band on bottom, but when there is only one, is closer to the bottom edge, isn't in the middle.
    Could something be done here? MeGUI is a great program because Avisinth script, so I thought, as a layman of course, that maybe something could be done with the commands IF type ... you know, if the row of subtitle has one line, locate it in the middle of the band.
    Probably this is wishful thinking, and will have to be regulated line by line.
    What to do?
    Last edited by suadnovic; 21st Aug 2015 at 19:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Convert to .SSA or .ASS, then adjust the "settings" as needed.
    Simple filetypes like .SRT do not let you control the positioning of the subtitle entries.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 21st Aug 2015 at 23:48. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Convert to ASS or SSA (I recommend SSA because some players do not handle ASS additional attributes) as El Heggunte mentioned and add an additional line as 'Single' and then change the Vertical Margin to 0 for double lines (containing /N code) and 10 for single. You may have to vary off of this depending on different factors.

[Script Info]
    ; This is an Advanced Sub Station Alpha v4+ script.
    Title: Inserting previously translated text and time codes INTO your translation
    ScriptType: v4.00+
    Collisions: Normal
    PlayDepth: 0

[V4+ Styles]
    Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, OutlineColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeOut, ScaleX, ScaleY, Spacing, Angle, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Encoding
    Style: Default,Arial,20,&H00FFFFFF,&H0300FFFF,&H00000000,&H02000 000,0,0,0,0,100,100,0,0,1,4,0,2,10,10,0,1
    Style: Single,Arial,20,&H00FFFFFF,&H0300FFFF,&H00000000,&H02000 000,0,0,0,0,100,100,0,0,1,4,0,2,10,10,10,1

[Events]
    Format: Layer, Start, End, Style, Actor, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:02.02,0:00:02.96,Single,,0,0,0,,Hallo everybody
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:03.19,0:00:06.85,Default,,0,0,0,,and this is the YuoTube channel\Nwhat we have which is cool
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:06.88,0:00:10.71,Default,,0,0,0,,Translatio n Aids and you are more than\Nwelcome to subscribe,
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:11.27,0:00:17.21,Default,,0,0,0,,we have 17 described now\Nand then we will be continually and
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:18.28,0:00:20.50,Default,,0,0,0,,instructio nal videos\Nevery now and then
    Dialogue: 0,0:00:21.26,0:00:24.27,Single,,0,0,0,,as been made pops up and

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_160 Aug. 21 23.04.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	33269Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_160 Aug. 21 23.05.jpg
Views:	1205
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	33270
    Quote Quote  
  4. @Budman1
    Thank you very much for answer, so it is possible. I don't understand what should I do with script. Please, explain me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What Budman1 is suggesting is something you'd have to do manually for every single-line subtitle. I think you wanted some sort of automatic solution. I don't know of any automatic way to have the single-line subtitles be raised because it's default for all subtitle programs with which I'm familiar to have them low. You probably don't want this, but if you put the subs at the top of the video and not at the bottom, then the single-line subs will be low.

The way to set it up with SSA or ASS subs is to create a style he calls 'Single' where the positioning is 10 pixels (or however much you like) higher than the default. Or you can do it in Notepad as he did. Note the two styles he set up and the parts he made red. The red '10' tells the subtitle file to raise them by 10 pixels for every line where the style is 'Single', rather than 'Default'.
    Quote Quote  
  6. A small video attached on how to do it with Subtitle Edit.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    A small video attached on how to do it with Subtitle Edit.
    Great! Thank you gays.
    And last 4 questions I think. How about playing video with ASS subtitles? Must they be hard coded or no?
    Shoud I mark this as solved? (And how?)
    Last edited by suadnovic; 22nd Aug 2015 at 06:30.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by suadnovic View Post
    How about playing video with ASS subtitles? Must they be hard coded or no?
    It depends on the player. Most software players can play them although you might have to install DirectVobSub first. And for some software players with their own subtitle engine (VLC Player, for example) you won't have to install anything additional.

For watching on the television, most TVs and hardware file players don't support ASS subs (I don't think), so if you insist on using them you'll have to hard code them.

In my opinion you don't have to mark it solved. But to do it you'd have to edit the title and although there's a way to do that, I don't know how.
    Last edited by manono; 22nd Aug 2015 at 15:28.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't have what I want.
    Here is possition in SW 6.0 in full mode

in SW 2.51 is Ok, but he doesn't have full screen mod

in GOM-Player

and in BSPlayer

this is fine,

but this is bad

Both ass and ssa doesn't work.

I try to change values, not successful.

Can I make in Subtitle Edit positioning with video preview just for one line, save script, and than applay for all single lines? I mean, move line up and down to rich desired possition.
    Last edited by suadnovic; 23rd Aug 2015 at 01:14.
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    According to the file ssa-specs.pdf:

Field 13: Alignment.

This sets how text is "justified" within the Left/Right onscreen margins, and also the vertical placing.
    Values may be 1=Left, 2=Centered, 3=Right. Add 4 to the value for a "Toptitle". Add 8 to the value for
    a "Midtitle".
    Therefore, the alignment value you want is "6".

AFAIK, only (xy-)VSFilter is decently/sufficiently compliant with the SSA/ASS specifications.
    If your goal is only the DirectShow-based playback, then you must ensure that the player will be using the DirectVobSub filter.
    If you intend to hard-code the subtitles, then you call the TextSub() filter via Avisynth.
    Image Attached Thumbnails ssa-specs.pdf  

Quote Quote  
  11. @El Heggunte
    Sorry man, I don't understand, please make some video instructions. Hard-code the subtitles is last thing I wiil do, after solving this vith posicioning.

Duiring play in BS, I don't have DirectVobSub filter, have this

Subtitle in 2 rows is perfect, one row is on bottom, not in midlle of black strip.
    At mediafire link is video, please try you, and post file and video how you make it.

And maybe I shoud try to solve this with Aegisub?
    Last edited by suadnovic; 23rd Aug 2015 at 02:38.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by AdamSwing View Post
    I have never use the MEGUI, cause it's more professional and complicated. I have been using Aegisub because it's easy and helpful for the normal need of subtitle. I think adjusting the position of subtitle is very simple for you to achieve in Aegisub. You can try it.
    I tryed, with ssa in attash, not successful

Name:	Shot001.png
Views:	604
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	33305Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot002.png
Views:	714
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	33306Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot003.png
Views:	515
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	33307

Also, look depends of media player
    Quote Quote  
  13. Sorry, here is ssa in attach
    Quote Quote  
  14. Post #9:
    I don't use neither GOM-Player nor BSPlayer. I don't know what SW is (Subtitle Workshop?). However if you use the info from post #3/#6 your subtitles will turn up as shown in post #3 using VLC, MPC, MPC-HC. I attach a file with the styles I would use.

Post #13:
    I guess by "not successful" you mean that the subtitles becomes "tiny". This is because once you open the video Aegisub will define the script resolution to become that of the video. Use "File -> Property" and set the resolution to 0,0.

Post #14:
    The SSA subtitles turns out as expected with the players mentioned above. However these subtitles are not from Aegisub?. If you open them in Notepad the [Scipt Info] part should look like this:

[Script Info]
    ; Script generated by Aegisub 3.1.3
    ; http://www.aegisub.org/
    Title:
    ScriptType: v4.00
    PlayDepth: 0
    PlayResX: 1152
    PlayResY: 808
    Export Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by videobruger; 24th Aug 2015 at 02:41. Reason: Clarification.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Normally, adding to what videobruger explained, the easiest way to change the size of the subtitles is to change the 'Playresx/PlayresY settings with PlayresY having the largest effect. Basically the higher resolution you make the PlayresY, the smaller the text becomes. It's like making your display 1280x720, the icons and text becomes smaller than if you make it 640x480.

The settings are not always the same because it depends on your video size as well as other factors. Additionally as mentioned, players, encoders, etc. sometimes have their own method to adjust size regardless of the subtitle settings so these have to be adjusted if you use them.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I started to use Pot Player. Try this video and you will see strange things. At one place ssa subtitle jump, cross upper edge of bottom black strip, and then is again normal. Pot Player support Avisunth, so it's seems to me one way for me is to konvert video in mkv, and mix synchronized working ass ili ssa subtitle with him , maked in Aegisub, to be independent of player. Easy to say, hard to do for me.
    Other way is hardcoding. I don't know what is better.
    Last edited by suadnovic; 24th Aug 2015 at 18:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    At one place ssa subtitle jump, cross upper edge of bottom black strip, and then is again normal.
    That is probably because your times overlap enough for the subtitles to 'move' to make room but not long enough for you to see it. Subtitle edit shows this from the subs as a red area:

From the original subtitles above:

Name:	ScreenHunter_160 Aug. 24 16.27.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	33318
    Quote Quote  
  18. Also in Subtitle Edit use Tools -> Fix common errors. This will fix the overlaping time. (Has been done in post#16)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Probably wrong file, I meaned on this one in attash. Fixed errors, and jump is still here at 42 sec. Interesting, BS play video without jump. I will end in hospital.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I attach a screen recording of what I would do with the subtitles in post #26. And I know as much of Potplayer as I do about BSPlayer. Nothing.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by videobruger
    ;2406679
    I attach a screen recording of what I would do with the subtitles in post #26. And I know as much of Potplayer as I do about BSPlayer. Nothing.
    Excellent, THANK YOU, I'm very happy with your solution for VLC. I wouldn't change nothing in your ssa. It will be great if there is a way to became independent of player. Otherwise, VLC is quite acceptable.
    Just to find way to mix this ssa with video... I think the way is konvert video in mkv, and mux ssa in MKVToolNix.
    And maybe VLC can do this, while seems to me I saw something on YouTube about that.
    It's time to end this marathon, after mixing, final recommendation shoud be: "Please, for best performance in wathing this video, use VLC PLayer". Your opinion?
    Last edited by suadnovic; 25th Aug 2015 at 07:33.
    Quote Quote  
  22. konvert video in mkv, and mux ssa in MKVToolNix.
    Just drag the video and subtitle onto MKVMergeGUI and press "Mux".

Your opinion?
    It work equally well in MPC and MPC-HC as it does in VLC. I'm somewhat surprised if that's not the case for Potplayer/BSPlayer. However I don't know those players.
    Quote Quote  
  23. @ videobruger

Does your ssa keep information about style you defined, to export and import for use for another videos I have? Or I must watch your video and define it?
    Quote Quote  
  24. export and import for use for another videos I have?
    Yes.

Also note in Subtitle Edit you define a default style by: Options -> Settings -> ASS/SSA Style
    Quote Quote  
  25. I mean on this, when new subtitle is loaded, do something like Style - > Import ssa style from file -> your file. This is what I wish. I be grateful for another short video.
    Grrr... I will eat SE (or he will eat me).
    Last edited by suadnovic; 25th Aug 2015 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Rigth-click -> Sub Station Alpha Styles..

Name:	Export.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	33323

(or you can copy-paste in Notepad:

Style: Single,Arial,18,8454143,65535,65535,-2147483640,-1,0,1,2,1,2,10,10,13,0,1
    )
    Last edited by videobruger; 25th Aug 2015 at 11:44. Reason: Addendum
    Quote Quote  
  27. And iDealshare VideoGo 6 show everythig is Ok with possitioning.
    https://youtu.be/wruk-Q-Xa1A
    This is really frustrating.
    P.S.
    Seems to be I have solution
    https://www.mediafire.com/?1f199g2wet77e86

P.S. Yes, it is. iDealshare VideoGo 6 is ideal program for what i need. Program understand each line of subtitle like one object, it doesn't matter how much rows have, so all you must to do, is to stop video, place one line with two row in the middle of strip with a horizontally slader, and single lines be be automatically placed in middle.

Name:  molitva-21.gif
Views: 6011
Size:  2.8 KB

Unbelievable.
    And than I can mix with video in many formats, including mkv.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	output_POoUTM.gif
Views:	803
Size:	658.5 KB
ID:	33345  

Last edited by suadnovic; 27th Aug 2015 at 10:25.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hey, I think I've found a trivial solution to the one-line parts of subtitles!

No need to edit the subtitle file, just adjust settings of the video player as how subtitles are displayed.

I use "Media Player Classic" (MPC-HC). Aside from this program can provide a solution to our problem, I also really love it because of its great video playback and subtitle engine (better than VLC imho).

Steps:
    1. Open "Media Player Classic" (MPC-HC).
    2. Click "View" in the menu bar (on the top).
    3. Click "Options...".
    4. Navigate to "Subtitles", click the small down arrow left of it so that the sub-menus appear.
    5. Click "Default Style".
    6. Under "Screen Alignment & Margins" on the right side do these:
      1. By the nine small white dots forming a square, which indicates the subtitle alignment, click the middle dot. This means subtitles will be aligned in the middle, both vertically (our problem) and horizontally.
      2. In the number box right of "bottom", play around with the numbers. With my laptop at 1366x768 resolution and 14" monitor, -230 works best for me. This will move the subtitle position to the bottom (if you leave this unchanged, subtitles will be placed right in the middle of your screen).
      3. Uncheck "Position subtitles relative to the video frame". This will set you free from the video frame (i.e. you can move/set the subtitle anywhere independently, not in subjection to the video frame).
    7. Click "OK".
    8. Exit the "Media Player Classic" (MPC-HC).
    9. Open your video with "Media Player Classic" (MPC-HC) (or set it as your default video player).

Mind that "Media Player Classic" (MPC-HC) needs to restart for the change(s) to take effect.
    I hope this will also work with you!
    Quote Quote