VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I loaded "Contagion" to rip to my HD and got this message? Ripped O.K. Is this because of Cinavia? I'm using the latest version 6.9.1.6 This is the smallest BR disk I've ever seen,less than 18GB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not being able to remove BD+ makes the disk un-copyable and the backup unplayable. I guess I'll wait for AnydvdHD to issue an update. DVDfab won't even rip the disk,puts up a message that it can't remove BD+ and can't rip the disk. Too bad AnydvdHD doesn't do that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Have you tried running AnyDVDHD in the background and extracting movie-only with Clown_BD?

I've found that works when I get a first-day release with new BD+ protection on it and rippers are not yet updated for it. Off the top of my head, the next to last Harry Potter movie and Star Wars BDs were like that.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    wulf109-please do not create another thread for the same subject,i merged your other post here,please continue the discussion here.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Contagion was released on Jan. 3 in the USA and it does use Cinavia. AnyDVD has released an update since then. I was able to successfully rip a Cinavia protected BluRay released on Dec. 20, 2011 with the current version of AnyDVD. I cannot tell you how DVDFab reacts to Cinavia protected discs except to mention the very vague information that I remember reading last year that some people on Doom9 (heavy hitter video techie types) were not happy with how DVDFab had chosen to deal with Cinavia so it may be better to use AnyDVD with such discs. To be fair I do need to mention that there is nothing magical about how AnyDVD deals with Cinavia and AnyDVD rips of Cinavia protected discs currently retain the Cinavia protection and will not play in BluRay and DVD players that honor Cinavia information.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what you mean wulf109, by saying Ripped Ok, it sounds like you did rip it. I had no problem with Contagion and I was using DVDfab, Just copy to hard drive then burn, I don't think I had to shrink that one. But I just bought the new Bluray movie Driver and I'm having a hard time with this one, DVDfab comes up and says this is Cinavia protected but I finally got Fab to copy to hard drive, But the movie plays with Total Media Theatre but I can't get BDrebuilder or DVDfab bluray ripper to shrink to a BD25, I even tried to run DVDfab bluray copy again and it won''t work, But I'm trying VSO Bluray Converter Ultimate and it seems to be working, It is almost done, will report back if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    tarzan54 - I had some weird recent problems (NOT Cinavia related) where BDRebuilder and Total Media Theatre both had problems with a couple of recent rips. I have some suggestions for you.
    1) Make sure that you have the most recent BDRebuilder or that you are not more than 1 release behind.
    2) Update your ripper (AnyDVD or DVDFab) to the most recent version.
    3) Be sure that under Settings that "Use X264's internal LVAF for decoding" is turned on. This is absolutely critical. It is the ONLY fix I know of that will enable you to re-encode VC-1 video successfully under BDRebuilder. Trying to re-encode VC-1 video that is interlaced or is at resolutions other than 1080p will make BDRebuilder fail every time until you turn this option on.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the information jman98, I did update the newest BDrebuilder this morning, But for some reason it only goes to 16% when trying to shrink, I had a Bluray last week were I had to go and turn on Use X264's internal LVAF for decoding, I should have tried that again but forgot about it. VSO Bluray Converter Ultimate worked perfect, put it only makes it a DVD5 with main movie. Now I will try your suggestion (jman98).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    . . . But I just bought the new Bluray movie Driver and I'm having a hard time with this one, DVDfab comes up and says this is Cinavia protected but I finally got Fab to copy to hard drive, But the movie plays with Total Media Theatre but I can't get BDrebuilder or DVDfab bluray ripper to shrink to a BD25 . . .
    I'm having similar issues with Drive using DVDFab. I have the latest version (came out Friday, I think), it ripped okay, and alleges that it created a BD25 successfully, but when I tried to play it nothing happened. I put it back in the computer and tried PowerDVD, and got an unknown format error. Due to my overconfidence I trashed a disk. I broke my rule of testing it with a BD-RE first.

What is the correct procedure for using BDRebuilder with DVDFab? Does it (BDRebuilder) run in the background while using DVDFab, or is there more to it than that? Any help would be greatly appreciated . . .
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    JohnnyCNote, Drive was one of the worst dvd's (blu-ray) that I came upon. In DVDab I used the Blu-Ray Copy option which I copied to hard drive, Then I used BDInfo to find the main movie then used tsMuxeR to rip movie to hard drive then BDrebuilder to shrink to BD25 then Imgburn to burn to Blu-Ray. I always use BDrebuilder after I rip to hard drive but for some reason I couldn't get it to work but after doing alot searching I got BDrebuilder to shrink it down. Here is a great site - http://adubvideo.net/how-to/backing-up-blu-rays-with-bd-rebuilder
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the link! As far as Drive goes, it's getting to that "too much trouble to deal with" threshold . . .
    Quote Quote