VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm Looking for a Working Command Line to Exectue ffmpeg or Mencoder to convert MKV to AVI and encode the Subs into the Video file.

This should work with almost all types of MKV files and all type of subs, i need like a globale command.

Will pay 10$ payapl to who ever sends me a Working Command.

thanks

izzy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check out this thread and this one

Basically, no one gives a crap about cheap, insincere "rewards". Most people here do this stuff as a hobby, but would be glad to answer your question (in due time).

Unfortunately, though I have the answer, I don't give them to people that think that their problem is more important than anyone else's just because they have a tiny bit of cash to throw at it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I only offer cash as a "reward" since i cant find any other alternitive, i'v searched the forum and google inside and out and nothing seems to be working for me.

All i'm looking for is a globale mencoder command that will convert almost any type of Mkv with any type of Subs to a good quality (same file size) avi file.

So please if you do have the answer, i'd love to know, and i'm sorry if you were insulted by my reward offer. i only ment well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well i have managed to find the command myself

mencoder -slang eng -subfont-text-scale 6 -subfont-autoscale 3 23.mkv -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -sid 0 -o movie3.avi

seems like this will work fine for almost every Mkv i tryed
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting your solution. It may help others.

I'm moving this topic as it doesn't have much to do with the ffmpegx gui.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well the above command i wrote is not working

as time past i realize that my command line is worthless and most MKV files with english subs convert well but without any embed subs.

I was hopeing if maby you know a globale command to convet an MKV to avi + adding the first sub file it finds inside the MKV

Since all the MKvs i want to convet have only one subs option and thats english but (-slang eng) Does not allways work.

Thanks and Have a Great DAY
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please any body ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try mediacoder.

It may be easier to demux the subs with mkvtoolnix before adding them with mediacoder.

You may also use whatever you need from this (use as a batch file):
    Code:
    mencoder -o "%3" -sub "%2" -font tahoma.ttf -subfont-encoding unicode -utf8 -ffactor 10 -subpos 100 -subalign 2 -subfont-autoscale 2 -subfont-blur 1.1 -subfont-outline 1.2 -subfont-text-scale 3 -subfont-osd-scale 4.2 -oac copy "%1"
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the %3 = the filename.mkv
    the %1 = the output.avi

but what is the

-sub "%2" ?

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sub.srt file (extracted from mkv)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is that it's all automatic when i new mkv file is placed in my folder a cron job runs a script each 10 Min to convert to AVI this is why i used.

mencoder -slang eng -subfont-text-scale 6 -subfont-autoscale 3 23.mkv -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -o movie3.avi

but some mkv files have english subs but the -slang eng wont work and the subs dont get converted
    Quote Quote