VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have used DVD Decryptor along with DVD Shrink for several years. However I haven't done much within the last couple of years. Here lately, I was trying to make copies of some children's movies for my grandkids that I had rented from Netflix. . The software worked fine, however when I went to play the movies in my Visio Blu-Ray player, both movies played great for about 20-30 minutes, then the title menu came up.

Is this some sort of protection that the rental companies are putting on the dvds?

Are there any other free products available that will allow me to make copies of movies?

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NickP8566 View Post
    Here lately, I was trying to make copies of some children's movies for my grandkids that I had rented from Netflix.
    That is in violation of the forum rules.

3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    NickP8566, please read our rules before posting regarding Warez and copying rental videos.

Thread closed.

Moderator redwudz

You should be able to make copies of video you own, depending on local laws.
    DVD Shrink and other older programs may not be able to understand newer forms of encryption.

DVDFab HD Decrypter or DVDFab Passkey Lite are a couple of free decrypters that work on some newer DVDs and BDs.

More in our 'Tools' page.
    Last edited by redwudz; 4th Jul 2015 at 21:18.