VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've resized a couple of 2.5 hour movies with very good results, but I just wondered what how much people are generally prepared to resize to to fit onto one disk.....
    Quote Quote  
  2. That is a very subjective question. It's like asking which is your favorite color in a Rainbow.

I personally I'm interested in DVD for picture quality not for the amount of time I can fit in one DVD. This to me means no more than 2 hrs. I suspect most people that are interested in encoding in DVD lean to the same conclusion. If you are interested in more time then perhaps it would be better to use SVCD or CVD settings or DIVX.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Quality issues was one of my reasons for asking, to be honest. I was wondering how much people are prepared to put on to retain good quality.

My player won't play SVCD reliably, and VCD is a waste of time, imho.
    Quote Quote  
  4. At 4Mb/sec (what I call full DVD) I get over 2 hours. At 2Mb/sec (half DVD) I get 4 hours on one disk, or 2 movies. I wouldn't bother will more than 4 hours on one disk.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the input....
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have encoded using MPGEnc at 352x480 2700CBR and gotten up to 4 hrs with (what I consider) very good quality.
    Quote Quote