VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,
    Just hooked up my comp to tv to watch a movie and after cloning, I can see the desktop all is ok. But when i want to watch a movie i load it up on me comp no problems, the various media players i tried can be seen on the tv, but the movie will not show on the television only comp monitor.. I get audio on the tv but were the movie should be its a dark purple screen

Any ideas as to why ? I watched a movie last sunday on my television from the comps tv out an worked fine..I havent change any settings, only screen resolution n back which didnt work..

regards,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That's a common issue likely related to your overlay settings for your video card. One easy thing to try is to set your video hardware acceleration down to about 1/3 of the slider and see if that helps. This usually reduces quality, so other settings may be better. 'Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot'

Usually the manual for your video card will suggest the settings needed. You can find a lot more on this subject by doing a forum search for 'overlay'.

You might also try using VLC Media Player. It has selectable overlay settings that may work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. nVidia cards support "video mirroring". This will take whatever is playing in a media player and send it full screen to the TV output. Look for the setting in the advanced display properties dialogs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Prob solved, rolled back to an old driver,reduced color an resolution

cheers !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    nVidia cards support "video mirroring". This will take whatever is playing in a media player and send it full screen to the TV output. Look for the setting in the advanced display properties dialogs.
    ATI calls this "Theater Mode".
    Quote Quote