VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there, the title speaks for itself I guess...

I tried every driver I could find:

The BtInstaller (conexant btpci - used to work, but now gives me a BSOD every time)
    The Avermedia drivers - works about 30% of the time... with crashes.
    The original cxvcap/cxtuner - does not work at all.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

I tried to manually install by generate the right Bt848.INF for my card, but I'm not sure about the exact tuner (temic/philips etc.)

On the chip I have:

bt878khf
    25878-12
    ca1885.5
    KOREA
    (google didn't help much)

The logo is a circle with an upside down looking funnel...

Click image for larger version

Name:	flyvideo-closeup.jpg
Views:	1184
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	3254

What is it? Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by danroberto; 27th Aug 2010 at 18:29. Reason: Adding a photo
    Quote Quote  
  2. johnebadbak_70
    Search Comp PM
    Im afraid the flyvideo 98 capture card was never manufactured with windows xp in mind. I had old one to, and i bought a winfast "Expert 2000 capture/tuner card price very reasonable and has win_xp drivers available. if you want a digital model DVT 1000s all very reasonable for price..
    another thought you might try running the capture card in compatability mode..in xp
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, forgive my ignorance....
    What exactly is a "Flyvideo 98" ?

I am assuming it is some kind of video card ?
    And from johnebadbak_70 comment it is a capture card.

Doing a google search i really did not find anything with specific details although i did find this,

http://www.lifeview.com.tw/html/downloads/discontinue.htm#2

Which has a driver listed for XP with the Bt878 chipset, but from your post you may have already tried that one.

Yep, it sucks but, odds are they will never make a driver to run under win XP or above.

As time goes on manufacturers either make newer models or just vanish.

I had a super expensive hires scanner that had a scanning bed larger than anything you can buy today and after win98 they stopped making drivers for it.
    The thing that really pissed me off was the fact that no one makes a scanner with a bed as large as the one i had but what can ya do.

Last weekend i had to set up my secondary Vista Ultimate 64bit machine as a dual boot with XP Pro for a Hauppauge PVR 250 because even though they make drivers for it to run under Vista and W7 they are only for 32bit and won't work under 64bit

You could maybe do something like that, make an XP & Win98 dual boot OS.

But that card seems to be older than my 12+ year old Hauppauge card (not the PVR 250) that still works under XP.
    I'd spend $30.00+ and buy a better newer used card.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The driver i linked to is 10.400 which would be newer than the 10.345.

But the OP never did state which driver version he had tried.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you guys!

I tired all of those...

Thing is, the card worked great for years under xp, but at some point - after SP2 or 3 it stopped working. Tried everything, including a new installation of windows.

The driver from http://btwincap.sourceforge.net didn't work using auto detect. It can be generate manually, but I don't have all the details about the tuner - maker of the chip etc. this is why I included the details +photo.

Driver Robot and similar driver detectives suggested the Avermedia drivers, but as I wrote before it only works sometimes.

Nobody recognize the logo on the card? Thanks!
    Quote Quote