VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. We need to stream from live from several hundreds of IPCameras to mobile devices. I would appreciate expert advise for tools that we can use for this.
    The camera can stream 1080p video. Which tools can we use to compress the video at source.

Mobile devices will be getting the stream from server running in Amazon cloud.
    Is there a commercial server available for transcoding and server the content to mobile devices.

Servers like Wowza media servers cannot process large number of input streams.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you talked to Amazon? I'm sure they would be willing to work with you. But it won't be free.

Or maybe ustream.tv? You haven't given us your location so if you are in China then you need to ask there or where ever you reside.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wowza media server or adobe media server may not be able to convert hundreds of input streams simultaneously into multiple formats suitable for clients. It might be possible using multiple servers but is not cost effective.
    I would like to know if we need to perform any type of trancoding and compression at the camera itself or is there any media server available (opensource or commercial) that can convert input H264 l ive RTP/RTSP stream into multiple formats using minimum server resources without introducing considerable delay.
    Quote Quote