VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI!
    Directstream cut of HEVC videos: Which software do you use?
    Thank you for your reply!
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    0_o --- MKVtoolnix, perhaps

(and with all of its well-known limitations)

Currently we can barely encode to HEVC, man
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what is the prefered (raw) stream format ? .hm10, .hm11, .hm12, .h265, .265, .hvc1, .hevc ?

i have not tried this, but, have you tried the latest version of ffmpeg ?
    doesn't it encode to several (mp4/mkv) ccontainers ?

1. try it on your current clip. if it works, great.

2. or else.. encode an short test hevc clip through ffmpeg with one of the containers and try and cut with it.

i'm at work and can't test.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know you can edit hevc in AviUtl and in ShotCut. Tried both and it works, but it won't be "Stream Copy", it will need to be re-encoded.

I don't know why anyone would want to edit a highly compressed hevc file anyway............
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is possible to "Stream Copy" trim hevc file using the latest ffmpeg with libx265 support. Here is an example af an HEVC clip I trimmed to 10 sec duration:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -t 10 -c:v copy -c:a copy -y output.mkv

pause
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by racer-x; 17th Apr 2014 at 10:36.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well, thats what i was saying in post # 3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp View Post
    well, thats what i was saying in post # 3.
    Very true.....I just wanted to verify because the OP has a bad habit of questioning those with greater wisdom.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for posting the verification!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello world I found a program that cuts HEVC. With GUI!!! It is Xmedia Recode. For cutting without recode you need switch on the 'Copy' parameter at the 'Video' tab. Then at the tab 'Filters/Preview' determine the start and the end of segment.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	xmediarecode.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	38575
    Sorry about my english.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    I know you can edit hevc in AviUtl and in ShotCut. Tried both and it works, but it won't be "Stream Copy", it will need to be re-encoded.

I don't know why anyone would want to edit a highly compressed hevc file anyway............
    Some capture cards hardware encode to hevc, so you might need to trim commercials etc. Foxun makes one:
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/H-265-HD-IP-TV-HDMI_60513875341.html

on linux to edit cut without reincoding hevc I use avidemux
    Last edited by ezcapper; 17th Sep 2016 at 13:24.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ezcapper View Post
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post

Some capture cards hardware encode to hevc, so you might need to trim commercials etc. Foxun makes one:
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/H-265-HD-IP-TV-HDMI_60513875341.html

on linux to edit cut without reincoding hevc I use avidemux
    The comment you are replying to was made two years ago. Chinese shills never miss an opportunity to hawk products, even when they must grave rob two year old dead threads to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The comment you are replying to was made two years ago. Chinese shills never miss an opportunity to hawk products, even when they must grave rob two year old dead threads to do it.
    Maybe I'm missing something but since when is XMedia Recode Chinese, I thought it was German; but moe importantly it's free software, and I'm fairly certain the GUI is open source as well so regardless of country of origin where is the "shilling"?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but since when is XMedia Recode Chinese, I thought it was German; but moe importantly it's free software, and I'm fairly certain the GUI is open source as well so regardless of country of origin where is the "shilling"?
    Yes you missed something, the shill's (ezcapper's) post contained a link to a H.265 HD IPTV encoder, sold direct from China. Why would someone mention a specific IPTV broadcast encoder in a thread asking about editing software other than to encourage interest in that hardware? Many of his post contain links to devices sold direct from China, beginning with his very first one. I suggest you look at it. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/367324-Ezcap-HD-Video-Capture-device-any-good-HDMI-...83#post2347483
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 18th Sep 2016 at 23:39.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!