VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Why does this program appear whenever it feels like it? I have had issues with it in the past when i wanted it to launch with certain files and lots of times, it just didn't. Anyway, I haven't been using it for a long time, and today i went to a friends house to watch my first 3D viewing on a 3DTV. Since Subtitles on 3D files don't appear correctly, i thought i should install ffdShow so we could use the stereoscopic function. And once again it just didn't feel like launching with the files.

I gave it the highest merit, and made sure there was no exception with the process using it.

Any idea how to make it appear at will?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    WIndows 7? You might have to disable the build in decoders with preferred filter tweaker then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nope, it was on Windows Vista. Does the same Apply?

BTW in the end we had to use 3D subtitler to make .idx/sub with 3D appropriate subtites. I tried 3D subtitler on my computer (Win 7) and it asks for 64bit version of Java. Why cant it work with the one i already got?
    Quote Quote  
  4. FFDSHOW=No Show. I've tried everything. I've installed 64bit version as well, set highest merit, used the preferred filters tweak you suggested and set ffdshow DXVA for both 32bit and 64bit H264 decoders, but for some reason coreAVC still pops up. I do get ffdaudio to show on the tray but not the video which is the important part since i need to set parallax for the 3d subtitles/ Seriously whats with this stuckup? I have it happening on 3 different computers. :confused
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    OK, quite often ffdshow sucks , BUT... are you sure you have configured it correctly

Subtitles in ffdshow are handled by THREE different filters:
    the video decoder, the video processor, and the "standalone" subtitle filter.

If/when there are apparent conflicts with other video decoders, then it's better to use only the standalone video processing filter of ffdshow. However this latter has a very-low default merit, and it requires a properly-configured player if you want to see it loaded and used.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    OK, quite often ffdshow sucks , BUT... are you sure you have configured it correctly

Subtitles in ffdshow are handled by THREE different filters:
    the video decoder, the video processor, and the "standalone" subtitle filter.

If/when there are apparent conflicts with other video decoders, then it's better to use only the standalone video processing filter of ffdshow. However this latter has a very-low default merit, and it requires a properly-configured player if you want to see it loaded and used.
    I have the highest merit on all configurations of ffdshow, vfw/video/dxva and i have also added it to the filters used by nvidia 3d vision player. So in conclusion yes, ffdshow does suck

Click image for larger version

Name:	filters.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	11139

I even tried unchecking all hd files from being handled by corecodec as well as unregisteribg both 32bit and 64bit decoders of cordecodec. My god, does it refuse to show up.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Since it's sucking that much , perhaps you could pester clsid2 (the project manager for ffdshow) or haruhiko_yamagata (the only active ffdshow developer A.T.M.):

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120465
    Quote Quote