VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got a movie that is 2h6m in length.
    Is there any software that will compress this file so it will fit on a DVD+R/-R ?
    I can't use dual-layer disks on my System.....or my DVD Player (for television).

Any Suggestions ?
    garystan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    File size = bitrate x running time. Therefore, make the birate smaller, get more on.

You don't way what your source is, so you should start with a tree view from mediainfo.

However for general avi to DVD conversion you can use the free AVStoDVD or DVD Flick, or the payware ConvertXtoDVD. Burn to quality media with Imgburn for best results.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There's lots of software you can use that will allow it to fit on a DVDR. Maybe you're under the impression that you can only fit up to 2 hours on a DVDR? Not true. In what format is this video? Anyway, you might try DVD Flick or Avs2DVD, among others. There are a ton of guides in the guides section of this site that are for just this purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    There's lots of software you can use that will allow it to fit on a DVDR. Maybe you're under the impression that you can only fit up to 2 hours on a DVDR? Not true. In what format is this video? Anyway, you might try DVD Flick or Avs2DVD, among others. There are a ton of guides in the guides section of this site that are for just this purpose.
    REPLY :
    So far, I downloaded DVD Shrink and Blaze Media Pro. And it seems that the
    winner is Blaze Media Pro. This program will "resize" the video, and then I use
    Nero Vision to burn the DVD.
    Apparently, DVD Shrink only works with DVD disks, not video files.
    Blaze Media Pro, even though this is the "free trial" version, still works very
    well.
    i think the same applies to DVD Flick, it only works with DVD disks, not video
    files.
    Thanks for taking time to respond.
    garystan
    Last edited by johns0; 26th Feb 2010 at 16:51.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by garystan View Post
    That's right.
    i think the same applies to DVD Flick, it only works with DVD disks, not videofiles.
    That's not right. When you click on the DVD Flick link, at the bottom of the new page are links to any guides for its use, including this one for creating DVDs from a variety of different kinds of source videos:

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/229/59/

And lose the bold big letters. I can't even figure out to get rid of them when quoting you.
    Last edited by manono; 26th Feb 2010 at 18:28.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Garystan-I have reduced the font size of yout text,please use regular font size where needed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by garystan View Post
    That's right.
    i think the same applies to
    DVD Flick, it only works with DVD disks, not video
    files.
    That's not right. When you click on the DVD Flick link, at the bottom of the new page are links to any guides for its use, including this one for creating DVDs from a variety of different kinds of source videos:

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/229/59/

And lose the bold big letters. I can't even figure out to get rid of them when quoting you.
    Just highlight the quoted letters that are too big and select sizes from the bar where you see the options.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Will do. Thanks. I'll practice now by trying to edit my previous post.
    Quote Quote