VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all.Can someone please tell me if the Panasonic HMC150 would be a better camcorder for me than the CanonXH-A1?Is solid state storage the wave of the future?Would the Panasonic HMC150 be better for me because I am a female and it is lighter?Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know which is better, but I think this forum would prefer a tape format. The HMC150 records at a max quality of 21Mbps, while the quality of tape is supposed to be higher. Canon is coming out with consumer model capable of 24Mbps.

I am attracted to the AG hmc150 too, I like the SDHC media, and the external controls. I don't like the low bitrate, and that it only records if widescreen (if I am correct) I have been stalking the internet for my first camcorder for a couple of months.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What did you end up getting?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all.I have not purchased a camcorder yet.I am going to wait a couple of months for reviews on the JVC -GY-HM100.It is going to be sold in April.I have 3 camcorders narrowed down.They are:1.JVC-GY-HM100,2.Panasonic HMC150,and Canon XH-A1S. It is an expensive purchase,so I want to make sure I get it right.I also am going to get a new Dell XPS Gaming Computer for video editing,general computing,and gaming. Can someone explain how the higher Mbps is better?Thank you.Linda
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tha panasonic state on some site the max bitrate is 21, while panasonic's website stated a max of 24.

I can't really explain it other than it represents the quality. It is more data is recorded per second of footage.
    Quote Quote