VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As habit would happen, I purchased a E810 from Sound Advice. I did because they had a sale on them. The 810 was discontinued and they were trying to clear their stock.

When I got mine I didn't question the fact that the Sales Rep asked if the box being open was okay. I got the system home and hooked it up. Made the minor fixes to the system according to the wonderful information found on the websites.

My last test was to see how well the burner ran. It locked at finalizing a disk. Did the DVD-RW and worked fine but the DVD-R would not close.

I brought it back and got credit for the problem due to the fact that Tech support said the drive was defective.

A few days later I called the same store and they tried to sell me the same system. They had just reboxed it and put it back on sale.

You may say that is crazy but I can verify that that is true. I had marked the box when I originaly bought it and it still had my MARKS.

My advise, Open the box and check it there at the store. If anything looks fishy.... RUN!!!

I would have bought the system if they would have discounted it more and put it on the AS-IS table. At least I would have had the respect for the store.

On another note........ I visited another Sound Advice in my town. The Showroom model was on sale for $438.00 and I had turned mine in after buying it for $288.00

The R57 Elite runs fine and is only a black version of the E810.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Please report them to the Better Business Bureau. That is fraud and other consumers need to be protected from these deceptive practices! Thanks.
    JK27
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by JK27
    Please report them to the Better Business Bureau. That is fraud and other consumers need to be protected from these deceptive practices! Thanks.
    Don't stop there. Call you local TV station and tell their consumer reporter (if they have one), along with anyone else you can think of....
    Quote Quote