VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a problem that has happened twice now,
    when i rip a dvd, i pull it off with dvd decrypter into a file, then i use vobblanker to remove things i dont want, then i run it through fixitvts to clean it up..

so im left with a movie folder, normally i take it to dvd shrink, to shrink it, but this time it was small enough to fit at the beginning, dvd shrink says it is 4162MB, well short of the 4464 limit,

so when it doesnt need to be shrunk, i exit shrink, and open imgburn, and go to 'folder to image' (i like to make an iso first), but img burn asks me for a layer break position, and tells me that the iso will be over 5000mb....

the movie folder itself says that it is 4.79gb

how come theres all this discrepancy, is it my fault?

what should i do?

ok i went ahead and created the 5000mb image that imgburn said it was, but, after its done, the imgage file says its only 4915mb
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your video folder is 4.79gb ,then it won't fit a DVD-5 disc which only holds 4.37gb.....
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvd

"In the computer world is 1 KB data = 1024 bytes so 4 700 000 000 bytes / 1024 = 4 589 843KB / 1024 = 4482MB / 1024 = 4.37GB. See section 3.3 in the DVDDemystified FAQ here.
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    but dvd shrink says it will fit on a regular dvd, and only shows it as 4162MB
    its weird
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what your prob is, here's a sample of mine...
    As you can clearly see it's actually a larger file than your 4162 mb file.....

" Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just run it through shrink and create an ISO as teh output and see what size that is.

My guess is that the way used vobblanker and fixvts etc. has left a layer break setting in there that running it through shrink may fix.
    Quote Quote