VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    MSU's logo remover only works if the camera is constantly moving, and even then it's got issues. Anyone know the best out there?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Xpenguin17
    MSU's logo remover only works if the camera is constantly moving, and even then it's got issues. Anyone know the best out there?
    Xlogo is good for all kinds of logoes.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic333648.html

NoLogo is excellent for alpha-transparency logoes.
    http://www.geocities.com/mrtibsvideo/Logotools.html

For both you have to make a mask image of the logo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Those don't look any better than MSU. A good logo remover has to utilize motion compensation techniques, which MSU Logo remover already does but linear, one-direction only. Simply blurring the logo region like Xlogo does only makes the clip even more annoying to look at.

'Guess I'll have to wait for the MSU project leader to finish wasting his time writing worthless "commercial detectors" and publish the new version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All these do is make a blob that is nastier to look at than whatever it is you're trying to cover up. I wish people would quit bothering. I've seen some nasty looking crap in recent years. I'd rather see the CBS or FOX logo over the amorphous blob.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    All these do is make a blob that is nastier to look at than whatever it is you're trying to cover up. I wish people would quit bothering. I've seen some nasty looking crap in recent years. I'd rather see the CBS or FOX logo over the amorphous blob.
    We've argued this before.
    I know you will just keep sneering, but if anyone else cares to look they can make up their own mind.
    The links I gave have examples of before and after.
    Alpha-blended logos in particular can be 98% removed if you have a HD source.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Simply blurring the logo region like Xlogo does only makes the clip even more annoying to look at.
    Matter of opinion.
    A patch the same colour as the background is a lot less irritating to me than a bright or garish coloured logo, and on sky, walls, or such smooth areas of colour it's imperceptible.

MSU's example used a huge logo in the middle of the screen. Not a smaller logo in a corner as most channel bugs are.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Matter of opinion.
    A patch the same colour as the background is a lot less irritating to me than a bright or garish coloured logo, and on sky, walls, or such smooth areas of colour it's imperceptible.
    When you just smear a region and attempt to extrapolate pre-calculated pixels outside it, the area will be less static than the logo -- flickering like it did in the video I posted here then that's ******* distracting when you're trying to focus on what you're watching but some blob is stuttering in the corner of your eye.

MSU's example used a huge logo in the middle of the screen. Not a smaller logo in a corner as most channel bugs are.
    Nope, they cropped the bottom-right corner of the original clip and combined the 4. It wouldn't fit in Google video otherwise.

Anyway, I asked if there's any advanced logo remover, perhaps one with an analysis pass and backward/forward MoComp methods? If MSU is really the best out there, then I'm just gonna leave my rips be.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best logo remover is the crop tool.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Xpenguin17
    When you just smear a region and attempt to extrapolate pre-calculated pixels outside it, the area will be less static than the logo -- flickering like it did in the video I posted here then that's ******* distracting when you're trying to focus on what you're watching but some blob is stuttering in the corner of your eye.
    Also a matter of opinion. Which would you rather watch, this:

or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD5TmYFbCek

Yeah, it flickers a bit during camera movement, but in my mind there's no question which I prefer. Maybe you'd choose the untouched source.

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/InpaintFunc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Matter of opinion.
    When you just smear a region and attempt to extrapolate pre-calculated pixels outside it, the area will be less static than the logo -- flickering like it did in the video I posted here then that's ******* distracting when you're trying to focus on what you're watching but some blob is stuttering in the corner of your eye..
    "flickering like it did in the video I posted here" ? What video?
    Anyway, if the logo mask is too snug to the logo outline, you get flickering when it tries to fill it in, because it's extrapolating from a zone disturbed by the logo. (This effect is worsened if you have a lower resolution capture.)
    In that case expand the mask by a pixel or two and it stabilises a lot.

Usually the blob is just that, a bland area of colour. It doesn't flicker unless you have a rapidly changing pattern in the area surrounding it.
    It's not perfect, but don't exaggerate its shortcomings.

Also, these solid colour logos are the worst and hardest logos to remove. The common alpha blends can be removed almost completely, using noLogo, as it restores the original brightness under the logo.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by AlanHK
    I think he means that MSU sample he posted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Originally Posted by AlanHK
    I think he means that MSU sample he posted.
    That's a link to someone else's video, so I didn't get that it was something he had posted.

Anyway, I don't use a logo filter because I like blur, I do it because it's the lesser of two evils.
    If you have to have perfect, wait till the Blueray comes out.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, I got one video with a partially transparent logo. How do you use NoLogo with Avisynth 2.5? The homepage says to use loadplugin but it says logotools.dll ain't an Avisynth 2.5 plugin.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I agree with Xpenguin17, I would rather see the logo, or just a black box covering the logo, than the flickery/smeary mess left behind by delogo filters (in the case of opaque logos).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Xpenguin17
    Alright, I got one video with a partially transparent logo. How do you use NoLogo with Avisynth 2.5? The homepage says to use loadplugin but it says logotools.dll ain't an Avisynth 2.5 plugin.
    You have to load both the LoadPluginEx.dll followed by the LogoTools.dll
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most painless way:

I have a file "OldPlugins.avsi" in the Avisynth plugins folder. An AVSI file in this folder will be inluded every time Avisynth runs.

This file is simply:

Code:
    #oldPlugins.avsi
    loadplugin("P:\AviSynth 2.5\Old\LoadPluginEx.dll")
    loadplugin("P:\AviSynth 2.5\Old\logotools.dll")
    Where you list the complete location of the files.
    You can add any other old plugins that need "LoadPluginEx" after that.

So an example AVS file using NoLogo:

Code:
    AVISource("King.avi")
    ConverttoYUY2() 
    logo=ImageSource("logo312.png").ConverttoYUY2()
    NoLogoAuto(logo,1)
    ConvertToYV12()
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    (I like to use PNG files for the logo masks as they're much more compact than BMP, but also lossless.)

The colourspace conversions and scaling are to make the file DVD compatible, not necessary if you're making another format.

It was somewhat difficult to track down LoadPluginEx.dll, so I attach it here:

loadpluginex.rar
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's allright, manono answered my question already. NoLogo failed, left a complete mess of shit where the logo was, so I used DeLogo instead, which did a much better job. It wasn't perfect 'cuz there was more noise in the alphablended area but it was unavoidable as the source video quality already sucked ass. The video had a giant watermark attached to it, and now there are little noise sprinkles that visibly spell out "S."
    Quote Quote  
  18. Anyone know where I can DL NoLogo from? The posted link is closed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Barnabas
    Anyone know where I can DL NoLogo from? The posted link is closed.
    Here: logotools.zip
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    where can I find xlogo??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RBCC View Post
    where can I find xlogo??
    See my post, above.