VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm desperately wanting to use VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod to edit some video but am having serious issues with playback in each of these programs.

When I open a file (avi in VirtualDub, or mpg in VirtualDubMod) they open fine. When I play them they skip and studder and the audio gets out of sync. This happens with small or large files. These files play fine in Windows Media Player, Pinnacle Suudio 9, and many other programs.

My PC is an AMD 2500+, 512MB RAM, 300+GB HD space, NVIDIA 5200FX 128MB Video.

I don't think it's my hardware. Are there some setting in VirtualDub that I could adjust that could help with this? What can I try to try and fix this.

I really want to use VirtualDub!!!! Thanks.

[I'm posting this here since my post in the newbie section got no responses.]
    Quote Quote  
  2. What you are experiencing is not at all unusual and most likely not a problem,

VDUB is an EDITOR. VDUB is NOT a playback program. Many file types designed for further compression and/or editing are not intended for playback. Huffy compressed files, for example.

Just cut them and encode them, THEN check your playback.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nelson37,

I did not know that VirtualDub and simmilar programs could have trouble playing video files.

Using VirtualDebMod I edited and saveas an AVI file. The edited file plays great in MS MediaPlayer!

Thanks for the reply. I'm now going to start having fun with VirtualDub!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, dvdfred.

Since you're so much interested about VDub, you may check this and this guides.

Your time will not be wasted.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote