VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all,

Fairly new to ripping. Finally getting around to backing up some of my newer-ish movies. I started ripping using MakeMKV (my usual way) and ran into AACS protection. Decided to use DVDFab, with Woookao running in the background. I did both full disc rips, as well as main title rips.

After ripping and running through Handbrake, the video seems jerky during scenes with fast motion, and camera pans. I've never seen this and I have no idea where to start to fix it. A setting with DVDFab? (my first thought, since I've never had this before), a setting with Woookao? Something I can change in Handbrake? Can I somehow remux in Mkvmerge to fix this? (I've tried and haven't figured it out yet.)

Thanks for any ideas or thoughts on how to fix this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Why run this Woookao thing if you are using DVDFab?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wasn't Woookao just a hacked version of DVDFab Passkey?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Why run this Woookao thing if you are using DVDFab?
    because the USA version of the bluray copy module had to be disabled thanks to hollywood.
    more info here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_decryption_faq.htm#how_to_faq
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes...that is correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    When you say you ripped with Fab and Wookao, do you mean you did a simple transfer of the movie to the hard drive (the real meaning of rip). Or did you convert or compress the movie as well?

Personally, I'd just wait till MakeMKV is updated to deal with this version of AACS. The newest edition of MakeMKV is 1.9.2 and was updated last week to deal with AACS v52.

Or buy AnyDVD HD, since it is the most reliable decrypter available.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well...I did both a full-disc copy to the HD, as well as a rip of the main movie, both without compression.

Will give AnyDVD HD a shot and see if it's any better. My trial expired, so will have to try from another computer.

Now just dealing with playlist obfuscation on a couple of movies....does AnyDVD handle that? Or do I need to know which title to choose?
    Quote Quote