VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Although Virtualdub is editing software, my problem relates to encoding and specifically selecting ffdshow for this task from the codec list under compression options within the program. When I select this option the error message 'Failed to load FFmpeg.dll' appears. I've also noticed when configuring ffdshow that some encoding settings are missing as well. I have the most up to date version of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installed as well as the 64 bit pack. If anyone could provide any assistance it would be most appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Friend
    Re: Failed to load FFmpeg.dll I've got the same error message in DVBDream. Were you able to resolve the problem?

I dont use Virtualdub (dont understand the subject) I just accept the setup that came with DVBDream, but I also have
    the KLite Mega Codec Pack and their 64bit pack.
    I too would welcome advice from any reader, I need this Progamme back to watch current ski racing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Another victim of the HORRENDOUS k-lite codec pack.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Another victim of the HORRENDOUS k-lite codec pack.
    I use KL-Codec for years and no have problem...

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SOSmkII View Post
    Although Virtualdub is editing software, my problem relates to encoding and specifically selecting ffdshow for this task from the codec list under compression options within the program. When I select this option the error message 'Failed to load FFmpeg.dll' appears. I've also noticed when configuring ffdshow that some encoding settings are missing as well. I have the most up to date version of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installed as well as the 64 bit pack. If anyone could provide any assistance it would be most appreciated.

In news FFDSHOW (8/10 months ago) various codecs are removed, MPEG2 this one. Its not KL-Codec fault.

Click image for larger version

Name:	QL5IF.jpg
Views:	2463
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	10792

To encode in MPEG2 use Matrox MPEG VFW suite : ftp://redirect:r45j99t3@hftp.matrox.com/private/vfw/1.0.0.31/vfwcodecs_10031.exe

Click image for larger version

Name:	GkMP9.jpg
Views:	2375
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	10793

Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 5th Feb 2012 at 07:35.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can see I've posted in the right place, you guys seem to understand my problem, But I don't.

How can I get DVB Dream to function since it doesnt accept FFmpeg.dll?
    Quote Quote