VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a DSLR that takes photos at any desired interval. I want to convert them to a quality DVD timelapse - that's VOB, not AVI,WMV or some other substitute for the real thing. I want each camera frame to be one frame on the DVD (nominal 30 fps) with no blurry "transitions" or other crap. I have Windows Movie Maker but it's useless as it refuses to do it without 1/4 second transitions and outputs to WMV at a maximum of 8 fps.

I've been searching all day, and haven't found anything yet. Surely there is software somewhere that will do it properly (on WinXP or Me)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the best i know of is premiere pro cs4.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any good editor can do this - Vegas, Premiere (or their cheaper siblings). You can even do it with Virtualdub if you want.

The basic process is

1. Import stills as an image sequence

2. Adjust timing etc

3. Export as video (may be AVI, maybe MPEG-2 - depends on how you work)

3a. If AVI in step 3, encode to DVD spec MPEG-2 with your favourite encoder here

4. Author a DVD from the video you have created using your favourite authoring tool

5. Burn to quality media with Imgburn
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    until you've tried it don't go recommending "any" editor. i'm a dedicated vegas guy and have learned many others, but when given stills to create video with pp is the best and only editor i fire up. i can "do" it with the others but it's a pain in the ....
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Each to their own.

Personally, I would rather chew my own leg off than use Premiere for anything.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, PP & Vegas are a tad expensive! (Of course they do a million things I don't need to.)

"If AVI in step 3, encode to DVD spec MPEG-2 with your favourite encoder here"
    guns1inger, do you have a recommendation for a free AVI to MPEG-2 encoder that works well? There's a wide choice of low priced programs that output AVI, and I already have Rejig to convert captured video from MPEG to VBO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    until you've tried it don't go recommending "any" editor. i'm a dedicated vegas guy and have learned many others, but when given stills to create video with pp is the best and only editor i fire up. i can "do" it with the others but it's a pain in the ....
    My preference for photos to video is Magix Movie Edit.....and I think your preferences suck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would rather use Premiere than anything else.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote