VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This tool supposedly rips both DVD and Bluray for free. Only tested on a DVD.
    The resulting file (from DVD) is a single VOB. Blurays should output to a single M2TS.

Results for DVD are below:

Disc: The Lord of The Rings - The Fellowship of The Ring [Main Movie=6.3GB]
    Time taken to rip: 14 mins 39 sec
    File size produced: 6.30GB
    File Type produced: .VOB (single file)
    Audio Produced: AC-3 (6 Channel) and AC-3 (2 Channel)
    Subtitles Extracted: Yes

No quality loss.

Couldn't find any malware. Uses in-program advertising.

Can't hurt to keep in the Toolbox.

http://www.streamtransport.com/movierescuer/welcome/
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Testing a blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tested the last Harry Potter movie (Deathly Hallows Part II). I chose that one because IIRC, both AnyDVDHD and DVDFab/Passkey had to be updated for it and mentioned it specifically in the changelogs.

Failed.

Gonna try another non-blockbuster movie without elaborate protection just to see if it works at all.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It worked fine with my old Blues Brothers bd. It took 59 minutes to rip it to a 26GB m2ts file.

(yes, I have disabled anydvdhd...)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay, it worked on the BD of Hero (Jet Li). 31.3 GB in 1 hour and 35 minutes.

On the BD of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows II it simply quit after a few minutes. It left a file of supposedly 22.6 GB, but the runtime in MPC-BE showed as 00.00.00 and it stopped play after a few frames.

It really needs to output to BD folder or MKV *with* chapters instead of m2ts.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too critical, since it is free. But I see no advantage to this when one could simply use the free portion of DVDFab or DVDFabPasskey after the trial expires.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. How bad was the Adware that it tries to install?
    Can it be deselected?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I couldn't see any adware during the installation. Only ads in the program. But they might add installation adware at any time.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by dvd3500 View Post
    How bad was the Adware that it tries to install?
    Can it be deselected?
    There's no adware in MovieRescuer. Just one webpage with some movie recommendations. Users can ignore it or close unwanted ones by clicking the x icon.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Okay, it worked on the BD of Hero (Jet Li). 31.3 GB in 1 hour and 35 minutes.

On the BD of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows II it simply quit after a few minutes. It left a file of supposedly 22.6 GB, but the runtime in MPC-BE showed as 00.00.00 and it stopped play after a few frames.

It really needs to output to BD folder or MKV *with* chapters instead of m2ts.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too critical, since it is free. But I see no advantage to this when one could simply use the free portion of DVDFab or DVDFabPasskey after the trial expires.
    It's kind of weird that Harry Potter Deathly Hallows II work for me on my Win 7 32. I didn't notice this post so I post my testing report on MovieRescuer page. And we may need more info to figure out what the problem is.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I like the simplicity of your app. I sometimes use it as an alternative to VOBMerge for concatenating VOB files.
    Could you tell me how often it is updated?

Perhaps you could start your own thread to encourage feedback from users.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you for the nice suggestion, Transporterfan. We'll think of it.
    And regarding the update frequency, it will not be very often, but we will look into bugs and issues as time going to make the software functional.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!